Reporting to the Events and Strategic Alliance Manager (ESAM), the Event Coordinator is responsible for ensuring events are executed at the highest level and activation of sponsorships and partnerships. This position will be focused on the event operations and logistics of each event. This includes, but is not limited, to event set up & break down, internal & external communications, working with third party vendors and working across resort departments. Must work well under pressure or tight deadlines as well as be available to work weekends and long shifts to ensure event success.
- Assist the ESAM with logistics of events, including set up and break down, on-site support during the event and communication with resort departments and third party vendors. Facilitate smooth transitions between normal resort operations and event operations to minimize event impact on guest experience.
- Work with various Resort Divisions, including Mountain Operations, Retail, Food & Beverage, Marketing and Lodging to best utilize assets and resources.
- Book entertainment, write contracts, and ensure check request are submitted in a timely manner
- Create BEOs for events for the Food and Beverage staff
- Participation in pre-event planning and post-event analysis
- Manage the distribution of event collateral on and off resort property.
- Maintaining all events information on resort’s website and activating on event marketing plans
- Assist in the execution of sponsorship contracts through events, signage, etc.
- Scheduling, prioritizing, and coordinating projects and tasks
- Assisting with the development and planning of events, animation activities, and other projects
- Providing input and support through participation in weekly meetings and wrap-ups
- Help execute 3rd party events by being the liaison for the resort and the 3rd party to ensure all departments are up to date and prepared for the event
- Maintaining budgets, including invoice management, reporting and entering expenses
- Execute activation of strategic partnerships and sponsorships, as part of that communication with partners
Also directly interacts with and indirectly may supervise some staff within Alterra Strategic Alliance team, Marketing, Sales, Lodging, Food & Beverage, Ski and Ride School, Competition Center, Mountain Operations, Terrain Park Staff, Guest Services Staff, and Corporate and Promotional Partners, General Counsel, Risk Management, the Winter Park Fraser Valley Chamber and The Village at Winter Park. Indirect supervision relates to management and coordination of all elements of events, sponsorships, and promotions.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
- College degree or commensurate additional experience (and proven track record in lieu of degree) required
- Minimum two (2) years of proven experience in an event management/coordination, meeting planning, activities coordination, youth-orientated programming (arts, activities, sports etc.), or other related and pertinent role required
- Proven experience conceptualizing, planning, managing, and promoting small-to-mid scale events or animation programming (especially in a destination resort or ski area or outdoor environment) required
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.