• Build and execute an annual engagement strategy for the EVP that helps share a clear enterprise-wide vision and connects him more directly with internal and external stakeholders.
• Develop an integrated communications plan to ensure the EVP is seen and heard in venues that provide clear opportunities to shape industry dialogue and influence perceptions driven by our Space narrative.
• Manage existing internal engagement tactics for the EVP, such as all-employee and leader webcasts and town halls, events, videos, written communications and podcasts.
• Manage reputation-building external engagement tactics for the EVP such as social media, recruitment activities, community relations, media relations, conferences and speaking engagements, and create opportunities and support for other leaders to engage in the same activities.
• Work cross-functionally with members of the Space Integrated Communications, External Communications and Visual Communications teams to ensure successful execution of communications engagements.
• 10+ years relevant experience (8+ years with a related Master’s Degree) in corporate communications, PR and/or Degree in one of the following or related disciplines: PR, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignmentmarketing communications.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, including the use of AP Style.
• Experience creating and implementing communications plans.
• Ability to build both strategic and tactical plans that drive perceptions, deliver key messages and get results.
• Familiarity with a wide variety of communication channels, techniques and emerging technologies.
• Experience using social media as a business tool.
• Proven exceptional strategic, written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to persuade and motivate action.
• Attention to detail, adaptability, and a sense of urgency.
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
• A self-starter who can be depended upon to ensure the accuracy and quality of content with minimal day-to-day supervision.
• Ability to multitask, adapt and work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and work well under pressure with employees at all levels.
• Proven strong strategic communications mindset with experience delivering business results and success measures.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, including executive management.
• Comfortable providing coaching, new ideas, sensitive feedback and real-world lessons learned to leaders at all levels.
• Project management experience.
• Demonstrated executive presence.
• Knowledge of Lockheed Martin's business.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.