Executive Director position:
Job Summary: We are looking for a dynamic and experienced leader to serve as Executive Director (ED) for both the Colorado Corn Administrative Committee and the Colorado Corn Growers Association. The ED will work closely with the Board of Directors, carrying out policies as authorized and instructed by CCAC and CCGA Boards of Directors. The ED shall have administrative authority over all personnel and shall have the authority to delegate responsibilities to employees to successfully carry out the directives of the respective boards of directors. The ideal candidate for this position has previous management experience and team management skills along with an acute understanding of agriculture in Colorado.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the activities and direct the staff of the Colorado Corn organizations in keeping with the vision and guidance of their respective boards of directors.
- Be responsible for creation and presentation of programs and activities supporting the areas of research, market development and promotion, education and informational outreach, public relations, and public policy in conjunction with the appropriate action team or committee.
- Shall have administrative authority over all personnel and shall recommend to the Board of Directors any changes in personnel, number of personnel, or types of positions required for the successful operation of Colorado Corn.
- Coordinate with chairs of action teams and committees in reviewing performance of lead staff in service to the respective action teams and committees. Perform staff evaluations on a yearly schedule and communicate evaluations with the appropriate board leaders.
- Manage staff compensation and job performance evaluations with knowledge and approval of appropriate board leadership.
- Ensure alignment of function and activities of the CCGA with its Bylaws and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure alignment of function and activities of the CCAC with the Corn Marketing Act of 1987, the Standard Operating Procedures, and the CCAC’s Policies and Procedures guidance documents.
Qualifications and Skills sought:
- College degree in Business preferred but not required
- 5 years experienced preferred in an agricultural field
- Team management experience and skills
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, address problems quickly
- Ability to communicate clearly, openly, and effectively
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to manage time effectively and handle internal and external conflicts
- Budgeting and financial management skills, working closely with accountant to manage finances
- Vehicle provided for work travel
- Health insurance provided with premium and deductible participation from employee. (may include HSA depending on plan)
- Dental, disability, and life insurance contributions
- 401K with limited matching
- Colorado Corn membership