Adams 14 highly values its human capital and is seeking a leader with exceptional skills and experience.
All District Administrators must be sensitive to the needs and backgrounds of our students, the largest portions of which are Hispanic and must display the highest integrity and strongest commitment to students, professional ideals and ethical standards in pursuit of educational excellence.
- Provide leadership and vision in all fiscal matters, to administer the fiscal affairs of the District in order to provide outstanding educational services, and to insure compliance with the laws of the State of Colorado.
- Support and carry out the vision and mission of the District through decision making responsibilities focused on the District's strategic plan and customer service needs.
- Provide organizational structure and support through determining, coordinating and communication work and activities that create accountability and a positive work environment for departments and schools
- CPA or MBA in school finance or business administration preferred
- Must be knowledgeable with respect to legal requirements, procedures, and functions of Colorado school finance, budgeting, accounting, and financial reporting.
- Must be knowledgeable of Codification of Governmental Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards.
- General knowledge of Federal program financial reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated experience taking personal initiative to define issue and needs, organize viable solutions and have impeccable follow-through without supervision.
- Excellent organizational agility.
- Excellent management, oral and written communications and human relations skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and financial accounting software packages. Experience with Infinite Visions preferred
- Must have a minimum of three to five years of supervisory experience in financial accounting.
- Minimum of five years experience in a public education school setting required.
- Coordinate and supervise the comprehensive services of the Financial Services Department in the areas of finance, accounting, budgeting, payroll, purchasing, accounts payable/receivable, grants and all other business activities.
- Direct the development, maintenance, and operation of financial accounting and management systems for the District.
- Direct the development, implementation, and monitoring of the annual budgets for all District funds of approximately $92 million annually.
- Administers the investment and cash flow activities for the District.
- Coordinate and direct the issuance of general obligation bonds authorized by the District's voters.
- Assess and suggest improvements in all aspects of fiscal management of the District.
- Assist in contract negotiations with employee bargaining groups.
- Coordinate the audit of the District's financial records on an annual basis.
- Work closely with and provide data to the internal auditor, as needed.
- Provide presentations of financial data to Superintendent, Board of Education and budget managers.
SALARY: Range 9 of the Administrative Salary Schedule. To view current Adams 14 salary schedules, please click here. Adams County School District 14 is a direct deposit employer.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: May 10, 2019.
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3211.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado's 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.