- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of service experience with an emphasis on facilities, hospitality, corporate services, property management.
- Facilities management and service experience.
- Experience developing and managing budgets (including capital budget justification).
- Experience in and ability to run real estate projects, such as space planning moves.
- Ability to oversee an on-site project or implementation of a national initiative through to completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills with an ability to influence at all levels.
About the job
You are a Facilities Manager who will be joining the Real Estate and Workplace Services Organization (REWS). You have facilities experience and can take responsibility for operational management in multiple facilities. This role will include control of budgets and costs, managing services and relationships with multiple teams, partner with an outsourced team. You will responsible for all aspects of the operational and strategic facilities management services and will demonstrate core organization and management skills to satisfactorily manage all aspects of the role.
You're comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the highest standards of excellence. You aren't afraid to have fun with your job, and bring an enthusiasm, dedication and a collaborative spirit to build and maintain office spaces.
The Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) team creates inspiring spaces and innovative services that bring Google’s culture and values to life. We build and maintain all aspects of what keeps our Googley workspaces operating seamlessly across multiple cities and regions globally. We also manage the industry-leading services that help make Google a great place to work — from how we design healthy and collaborative workspaces, create energizing food experiences, provide convenient transportation and fitness options, to delivering inclusive environments where Google and our employees can thrive.
- Provide a pivotal role in facility service operations throughout the region including new office builds and expansions, move coordination, capacity and space planning, implementation of new processes and procedures.
- Influence customer, client and other internal organizations. Be able to drive consensus and compromise when needed.
- Partner with other REWS cross-functional teams on a strategic level to plan and implement service objectives for onsite management of Google's diverse employee perks programs.
- Manage facilities operating budget as well as oversee property management services and vendor service contracts. Manage a team of onsite vendors that help maintain the day to day operations, and amenities.
- Act as on-site liaison during planning and construction of office expansions and be responsible for managing vendor service contracts and RFP processes, purchase orders, space planning, tracking, move coordination, and new hire space accommodations.