WESTAF, the Western States Arts Federation, located in Denver, Colorado, is accepting applications for the position of a full-time Finance Associate.
WESTAF, the Western States Arts Federation is a regional nonprofit arts service organization whose mission is to strengthen the financial, organizational, and policy infrastructure of the arts in the West. WESTAF is also an experienced developer of technology systems that benefit the arts and creative industries.
This position works closely with the four-person finance team to manage the daily activity of a high-volume nonprofit organization and tech software company. The position is 40 hours per week and requires attendance at the company’s LoDo location during regular office hours (8:30am to 5:00pm).
The organization is growing and maintains a fast-paced open office environment. With approximately 30 full-time staff, WESTAF is an organization where creative problem solvers excel. The individual in this position will work with the finance team to pull information from online sources and integrate it into the financial system, manage a busy accounts receivable process, handle deposits and staff credit card processes, and manage the financial processes of the Call for Entry system (CaFE), a high-volume online software service.
The position will focus primarily on accounts receivable, deposits, staff credit card management, and processing deposits and check runs for WESTAF’s CaFE online software system:
- Provide comprehensive AR services for five online service products:
- Generating weekly invoices for two companies within the financial system based on data provided by program managers within an online CRM system.
- Update online CRM system with information, including date invoice was sent, date invoice was paid, and other updates as needed.
- Maintain integrity of AR module client list and provide maintenance as needed (de-duping, researching duplicates, etc.).
- Coordinate AR with program managers: ensure they are updated regularly on outstanding clients and are following up as needed.
- Provide reporting to Finance Director at least monthly on status of all outstanding AR.
- Run reconciliation of AR module to general ledger at least monthly and address any variances with direction from Finance Director.
- CaFE financial management:
- Share CaFE daily deposit reconciliations work with another team member: this position will be the primary manager of CaFE financials in the summer, 2017.
- Support and eventually manage the CaFE check run process including calculating and applying fees and cutting checks to clients.
- Learn all refund and chargeback processes for CaFE transactions, including research and coordination with Paypal reporting and customer service.
- Run monthly reconciliations of suspense accounts and client calls, inactivate old client profiles.
- Coordinate closely with CaFE program team to ensure they are supported as needed by the finance department.
- Support improvements to the CaFE processes.
- Staff credit card management:
- Ensure staff credit card expenses are integrated from Concur (online expense software) into financial software monthly within a specific timeline.
- Provide administrative management of Concur software.
- Follow up with staff to ensure credit card policy is followed.
- Monthly reconcile various AR accounts monthly.
- Handle deposits for two companies at least twice per month: involves research within financial system and online CRM to appropriately apply payments to the correct clients. Duplicate entry and application of payments within the AP module is also often required.
- Coordinate with Paypal and bank to ensure monthly ACH transfers for two online programs, including proper entry into financial software for deposit.
- Learn other finance department process and provide backup as needed for staff vacations, etc.
- Support finance department on process improvement.
- Other projects as assigned.
- At least 2 years’ experience working within a financial database
- 1 year experience with Microsoft Excel
- 1 year experience with accrual accounting
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in business or accounting
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and a passion for problem solving
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Friendly, positive, and optimistic personality
- Comfortable handling multiple detailed projects simultaneously
- Proficient computer skills on both PC and Mac
- Ability to intuitively figure out technology systems when necessary
- Ability to work productively both in a team and independently
Although not required, experience with Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics is highly desired.
Position is exempt and pay is $38,000 – $45,000 depending upon experience
- Health insurance currently provided at no cost to employee
- Dental coverage provided with $15 employee contribution
- After one year of full-time employment, 403b match up to 5% of salary
- Ecopass (bus pass) provided at no cost to employee
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Vacation time accrued at a rate of 10 days per year
- Sick time accrued at a rate of 6 hours per month
TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter by email to staff@WESTAF.org with FINANCE ASSOCIATE in the subject line. No phone calls please. WESTAF is an equal opportunity employer.