gSO (gTech Strategy and Operations) are strategic partners and trusted advisors that drive success and transformative changes for gTech. We create value through deep functional and business expertise combined with analytical rigor to formulate and deliver strategies. Using core capabilities ― strategy, analytics, and communications ― we empower gTech to do amazing things to land the present, and build for the future. We enable the success of our frontline operational teams by driving strategy, developing data-driven insights to influence business decisions, leading business planning, and ensuring tight execution of initiatives.
As the Strategy and Operations Leader, you are responsible for co-developing the Global Customer Care vision and strategy across customers, products, and regions. In this role, you will be driving and influencing the strategic priorities for one of the largest operating teams within Google Technical Services. You will lead your team to provide thought leadership to a cross-vertical leadership team, deliver business insights through a customer and industry focused view, and develop initiatives, plans, and metrics to operationalize the strategy. You must quickly develop a strong understanding of Google’s Ads business and be a key influencer and leader in an ever-changing environment.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Define, scope, and lead team’s efforts to gather relevant data and conduct business analysis, with effective project communication and management. Partner with executive leadership to define, launch, and drive strategic and operational initiatives.
- Resolve issues to deliver strategic insights and recommendations based on business analyses to leadership. Influence and partner with cross-functional stakeholders across Google Technical Services.
- Structure and implement operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses, and developing final recommendations. Develop recommendations through implementation and results.
- Continue to build and grow an outstanding organization that attracts and retains a diverse talent pool.
- Lead annual business planning as well as quarterly tracking of metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (i.e., Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Strategy, or Finance) or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of experience in management consulting or investment banking, or equivalent strategy/project management experience in a line role for a technology firm.
- Experience structuring analysis using spreadsheets and presentations.
- Experience in business modeling or financial modeling.
- Master's in Business Administration or graduate degree in a management, technical or engineering field.
- 12 years of work experience in consulting, software, internet, media industries and/or early stage companies.
- Experience in structuring and executing complex analyses to support strategy in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Experience with analytical tools and techniques (SQL, spreadsheet software, statistics and predictive modeling).
- Knowledge of service operations, customer support operations and internet/online media.
- Proven leader with excellent project management, problem solving/analysis, written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.