The Graphic Designer is part of CPR’s creative strategy team, responsible for creating the visual content of CPR’s audience development and engagement efforts and managing the design and production of all branded materials. Serves as the primary designer for all promotional visual content, including: products, printed collateral, digital graphics, custom illustrations, presentations, advertising, environmental/large format graphics and event materials. Also provides stewardship of CPR’s visual brand system, ensuring design standards are maintained in tone, graphics, content and readability across platforms.
Colorado Public Radio produces and curates in-depth, thoughtful and meaningful news and music to enrich the lives of hundreds of thousands of listeners each week (Source: Nielsen Fall 2016/Spring 2017). Join a growing organization of talented people dedicated to informing, enlightening and entertaining the Colorado community and be part of a tight knit, in-house communications team.
Knowledge and competencies:
- College degree in graphic design or related field required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in graphic design with an established agency or marketing department, including work in both print and web.
- Excellent interpersonal written/verbal/listening skills.
- Significant independent judgment for creative direction and strategic planning abilities required.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple deadline-driven projects.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work independently and solve problems.
- Highly PC literate: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash and Acrobat).