The Denver Film Society is seeking a full-time Graphics Designer with proven artistic capabilities and a demonstrated ability to create and develop visual media in print, digital and multi-media formats. This position will play a key role in a fast-paced and forward-looking team dedicated to advancing the Film Society’s work, mission and brand. The ideal candidate will be self-directed in areas of design and the adept use of relevant technology, while showcasing an ability to work on a broad range of marketing activities simultaneously.
The successful candidate must be creative and solution-oriented, with the ability to multi-task and work with short deadlines as well as with longer-term projects. Personal organization and close attention to detail a must. The candidate should have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (graphic design, fine arts, journalism etc.) and at least intermediate skills using Photoshop and various In-Design applications. Applicant must understand and enjoy designing for both digital and print projects. Video editing experience is a plus. The position will report to the Marketing Manager.
- Participate in the creative process from concept to delivery
- Produce weekly content include, but not limited to; in-theater slides, weekly one-sheets and flyers, social media images & web assets
- Follow brand standards and identity across the organization and all programs
- Ability to work closely with all DFS programs and departments
- Create effective and timely marketing collateral in support of DFS, programs, services or communities to include but not be limited to annual reports, brochures, letterhead, signs, presentations, event recaps, program overviews and banners, in support of all DFS departments
- Tracking and organizing all media assets including graphics, source files, video and photos
- Work in conjunction with agency partners
- Timely delivery of marketing and promotional assets by specified deadlines
- Bachelors or Associates in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Journalism or a related degree
- 1-3 years experience in graphic design
- A self-starter and team player with strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and an energetic style.
- Flexible and responsive to changing market needs
- Creative and fresh approach to both production of ideas and production of material, able to receive collaborative feedback
- Track record of balancing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Must excel in written and oral communications
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro
- Familiarity with creating graphics for digital platforms (Social Media, Website, PPC, etc.)
- Preferred experience editing video
- Salary: $34,000, based on experience
- A competitive benefits package for medical, dental and vision insurance after sixty (60) days for eligible employees
- August 18, 2017
- September 2017