The Graphic Designer is responsible for translating marketing objectives into creative strategies, concepts and designs, and will determine the most effective way to represent the Regis University brand and identity across multiple media channels. This position will be a creator of graphic design, collateral development, advertising, promotions, as well as various digital implementations for the web and social media. This role is people-oriented and involves working with internal clients, pitching designs, and understanding business objectives and collaborating with others such as project managers, photographers and writers on the Marketing and Communications team. The Graphic Designer is expected to maintain brand standards, be self-motivated, and have impeccable design skills.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and deliver creative solutions that meet the brand objectives of Regis University and advance our brand strategy across multiple media channels.
• Provide excellent customer service and communications skills.
• Collaborate with Project Managers and creative team on design.
• Review and analyze project specifications to produce design concepts.
• Follow design guidance and instruction from the Art Director to ensure all work meets design standards and expectations.
• Manage multiple projects from concept through completion under tight deadlines and budget constraints.
• Work with the brand marketing and media teams to generate ideas and develop effective, results-driven creative marketing concepts.
• Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic visual design, fine arts or related field.
• Two years’ experience as a designer with design studio, agency or in-house creative group.
• Experience working with a project management system.
• Understanding of higher education communications issues and appreciation of academic culture.
• Must be self-motivated with exceptional ethics, positive attitude, and obsessive attention to detail. Have a demonstrated ability to work independently and exhibit excellent judgment.
• Hands-on knowledge of a range of industry standard software including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, SketchApp and Keynote, on a Mac platform.
• Sophisticated sense of design, photography, and typography, along with integrity, discretion, and creativity.
Prior experience serving in a marketing communications office in higher education and/or similar entity.
Experience working with Workamajig project management tool.
Familiarity with Regis University and the Jesuit mission.
Experience with Web, mobile, and e-mail design and marketing.
Regis University, inspired by its Jesuit Catholic heritage, has been committed to academic excellence, personal development and community engagement since its founding in 1877. Regis provides values-based education at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission: A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The motto “Men and Women in Service of Others” on the University seal describes the purpose of Jesuit education: to form men and women who use their knowledge in the unselfish service of others. Regis is comprised of five colleges: the College of Contemporary Liberal Studies, Regis College, Rueckert-Hartman College for Health Professions, College of Computer & Information Sciences & College of Business & Economics.
Regis University’s main campus is based in Denver, Colorado, but has campuses throughout Colorado’s Front Range and through its distance learning initiatives. Regis currently serves about 10,000 students in online and campus environments and for the 19th consecutive year has been ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top school in the western region.
UA EEO Statement:
This statement is intended to indicate clearly that the University is morally committed to the principles of nondiscrimination – that we want to do this rather than just have to by law.
“In accordance with its Jesuit Catholic mission, Regis University is committed to maintaining a humane atmosphere in which the civil rights of every individual are recognized and respected. Regis University does not unlawfully discriminate in either the provision of educational services or in employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, ancestry, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Within this context, Regis University does reserve the right to give employment preference to persons who demonstrate by word and practice a commitment to the University’s mission and educational goals.”
Open Until Filled: Yes
(Positions may remain open until we have an adequate applicant pool or the close date listed, whichever occurs first. Please consider applying for positions as soon as possible)
Special Instructions to Applicants:
URL for an online portfolio
Formal cover letter
Two professional references (phone, email)
To apply, visit: https://jobs.regis.edu/postings/2606