Job Location: Denver Art Museum – Denver, CO
Position Type: Part Time
Salary Range: $14.00 – $15.00 Hourly
Welcome to the Denver Art Museum, where we believe that art can make a difference in peoples lives by celebrating & stimulating creativity and inspiring greater understanding & connection with our world. The DAM aspires to be a beloved anchor in Denvers cultural & creative ecosystem and a national beacon for the ingenuity & boldness of our community. Are you ready to join a dynamic team of creative, motivated people who are passionate about delivering world-class experiences? If so, please proceed! In turn, the Denver Art Museum delivers competitive wages and benefits in a work environment that promotes excellence and rewards dedication and commitment.
Under the direction of the associate director, this position is responsible for providing exceptional on-site customer service while continuing to generate/cultivate strong relationships and process sales requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages on-site reception for all youth group visitors
- Coordinate tours upon arrival
- Maintain strong knowledge of museum programs and offerings
- Knowledge of Creativity Resource
- Logistical booking and processing of education group sales orders in the museums ticketing system, ATMS
- Process & finalize education group sales transactions
- Act as on-site education liaison, providing outstanding customer service and follow-up
- Print computerized invoices, receipts and reports as requested
May be called upon to stand/walk for long periods without a break; moderate lifting up to 20 pounds. Indoor and outdoor communal work environment subject to seasonal weather conditions.
Other duties and responsibilities:
Attends museum staff and volunteer meetings as needed
Schedule will be part-time, and may be required to work some weekends and holidays as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITY:
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting towards meeting established objectives
- Must possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Ability to analyze data and develop results and conclusions
- Passionate about customer service
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
College diploma or equivalent work experience
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a customer service environment
- Experience working in a ticketing environment preferred
- Previous museum or cultural experience preferred
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT USED DIRECTLY:
Computer, printer, calculator, cash register, credit card machines, other typical office equipment
This is part-time position with no benefits. If you are interested in this position, please use the online application process at: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/index.php?/jobs&clientkey=6F0CCA38B9135DC3CC20883865902788&jpt=
Deadline for application is January 15, 2018.
It is the policy of the Denver Art Museum to prohibit discrimination against any person or organization based on age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, gender, veteran status, political service, affiliation or disability.