HOUSING SPECIALIST – General Description
South Metro Housing Options (aka Littleton Housing Authority) is seeking a Housing Specialist. The responsibilities of this position include a wide range of activities related to determining and documenting applicant and/or participant eligibility, income, rent, and contractual relationships with owners in support of the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) operations using written administrative policies and procedures. The position requires full accountability for assigned cases including accurate and complete files, resolution of customer service cases, and responsiveness to participant and landlord inquiries.
Previous experience working with HUD with Section 8 or Voucher System housing is highly desirable. Most helpful in being successful in this position would be having a background in working with a variety of people with diverse backgrounds, disabilities, or other possible challenges related to aging. You should be able to remain calm in stressful situations and have strong organizational and filing skills. Attention to detail is very important as you will be working with government regulations. If you are multi- or bi-lingual in any languages, that would be considered as a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage an assigned caseload of HCV participants;
- Conduct annual recertifications within required time frames, which includes determining housing assistance payment and tenant rent calculation;
- Complete interim recertifications as required, which includes determining housing assistance payment and tenant rent calculation;
- Monitor HQS inspections to ensure all units are inspected every 12 months;
- Failed HQS inspection must be processed in a timely manner, HAP will be abated, and repairs must be verified;
- Conduct participant briefings;
- Process and monitor participant moves to a new dwelling;
- Determine housing assistance payment and tenant rent calculation;
- Educate participants on program requirements and family obligations;
- Process all transactions within the PHA’s required business systems;
- Maintain accurate and complete applicant/participant files;
- Provide excellent customer service to participants, landlords, co-workers, clients and vendors;
- Conduct all job functions in alignment with the PHA’s Administrative Plan, HUD regulations and other state and local requirements;
- Obtain certification as Housing Choice Voucher Specialist within 120 days of employment;
- Knowledge of Yardi software would be a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Prefer college level, but it is not a requirement.
Previous HCVS experience is highly desireable.
Please submit resume directly to HR@smho.co to be considered for this position.
You may also request a copy of the complete job description via HR@smho.co