Boulder Medical Center (BMC) is a physician owned, multi-specialty outpatient clinic serving patients in the Boulder and Front Range surrounding communities. For nearly 70 years, BMC has been locally owned and operated, dedicated to engaging our patients in high-quality, compassionate health care. We currently have an opening for an HR Manager to join our high-functioning team! This role is a broad generalist role that leads the HR department in the delivery of best practices across multiple areas including: employee relations, recruiting, comp and benefits administration, workers compensation, performance management, HRIS, leaves of absence administration and training.
The successful candidate will act as a trusted advisor, coach and mentor to the Leadership Team, supervisors, staff and providers in the execution and administration of company goals and objectives. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: ensuring compliance with state, federal, and company policies, procedures, and regulations (e.g., FLSA, FMLA, EEO, ADA, Title VII), updating job descriptions, maintaining compliance with ERISA and COBRA regulations, managing the department budgets for HR and training, and sits on various committees dedicated to process improvement, safety and employee engagement.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or equivalent. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification highly desired.
- Five (5) or more years of progressive experience in Human Resources Management or related field. 1-2 years of previous experience providing HR support in a clinical setting, preferred.
- JUDGMENT, PLANNING, INITIATIVE REQUIRED: Must demonstrate exceptional judgment, planning and initiative to effectively manage multiple complex HR issues and implement new strategies to address them. Must be self-directed with an ability to develop strong, trusting relationships in order gain support and achieve results. Must be able to work independently. Maintains confidentiality and is detailed oriented.
- SKILLS/JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must possess strong communication skills both written and oral. Must possess strong interpersonal and negotiation skills as well as conflict management skills. Must be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels including physicians. Must have a well-rounded knowledge of general HR functions. Must be able to manage multiple, and at times, conflicting priorities. Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience working in HRIS systems and be familiar with HR databases. Must have exceptional computer skills with demonstrated experience in all Microsoft Office products including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be able to monitor, collect and evaluate information in order to assess accuracy, validity and integrity.
- Must obtain Notary Public Appointment within 6 months of hire.