Paladina Health, a leader in transforming Primary Care in America, has an exciting opportunity as an Implementation Director. As the Implementation Director, you will directly impact client deliverables as the trusted leader of all implementation projects across the country, encompassing clinic buildout, client onboarding, education, and staff preparation. You will be responsible both for overseeing a team of implementation resources and accountable for all aspects of several implementations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Leadership, Planning and Strategy:
- Incorporate lean operating principles and keep informed about industry best practices and competitive trends.
- Develop a one and three year strategic plan for department growth, facilities management and clinic construction.
- Set annual goals for team members, measure progress and be accountable for results.
- Create a development plan for team members and the associated training, stretch opportunities and cultural growth.
- Serve as our subject matter expert on implementation / project management, and represent the department at sales opportunities and client presentations.
Working with teammates:
- Co-create a project charter with the team, including the definition of completion and success criteria. Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project's objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
- Work with internal teammates and external partners to evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of assigned deliverables.
- Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables; mentor others in project management practices; review quality of work and manages integration of team members’ work.
- Model the values of the organization and be engaged with the mission and vision for transforming health care in America.
- Develop the standards and best practices for managing multiple implementations in several geographies simultaneously.
- Create detailed project plans based on statements of work negotiated with employer clients and meetings with project sponsors and resources.
- Monitor project plans to track resource utilization and ensure that activities are proceeding on schedule and within budget parameters.
- As defined in negotiated contracts, ensure that all program activities align with applicable requirements of client and any applicable laws.
- Identify project risks and potential liabilities, and provide management recommendations where appropriate for the delivery of contingency plans and alternative execution methods.
- Ensure that the customer service standards exceed expectations for client organizations.
- Prepare and present project briefings for internal and external partners, as requested, related to various project activities.
- Prepare progress and final reports for assigned projects, as required. Survey internal and external resources on the implementation process.
- Coordinate required partner and project meetings, preparing agendas, coordinating logistical arrangements, preparing meeting materials, taking minutes and coordinating appropriate follow-up on meeting next steps.
- Resolve issues related to client relations, governmental relations, project quality, project risk, and project safety.
- Manage vendor relations and procurement related to the project(s).
Real Estate / Construction / Facility Maintenance and Design:
- Coordinate with internal resources to continuously improve our site selection, clinic design and building construction
- Develop the processes and systems to facilitate a shorter time to market
Travel requirements 25% of time but, could increase significantly to support key projects and implementations across the company.
- Minimum of 5 years (10+ years preferred) of successful project management team leadership. Degree in business or related field. MBA a plus. Work history of safely executing projects on time, within budget and in accordance with quality standards.
- Specific experience within healthcare preferred and an in-depth understanding of building client relationships and establishing professional credibility with new clients.
- Experience with the real estate and construction process associated with setting up a large number of sites at once. Additional experience with specific project types, such as medical office building, public sector and related facilities preferred.
- Budget control and resource forecasting experience, skills and resource planning.
- Experience in and ability to prepare conceptual estimates, project estimates, and assist in the preparation of proposals.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, specifications and contract requirements.
- Design-build experience and ability to manage and coordinate the design build process.
- Ability to direct planning, design and implementation of architectural/engineering designs and construction phases of construction projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers, subcontractors and clients.
- Superb time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and dependable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in use of a personal computer and software programs such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Knowledge of MS Project, BaseCamp and/or Salesforce preferred.
- Demonstrates a high degree of client focus and attention to service