At The North Face we dare to lead the world forward through Exploration.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. Founded in the counterculture of Berkeley, CA in 1966 we have a long and storied legacy of enabling exploration, protecting our planet, and creating iconic and technically advanced product.
Our culture is born from the spirit of the Explorer and infuses everything we do. We love wild places. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with.
We take great pride in our ability to facilitate exploration for our employees and partners. By joining The North Face family, you will be offered the opportunity, tools and environments to more deeply explore the world around you and make meaningful, lasting connections. You will also be working on a team with a mission to protect our planet for generations to come.
The North Face is part of VF Corporation who guides powerful brands that are fueled by insights and innovation that put us at the heart of our consumers’ lives. Many of our brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status.
While our VF company and brands are diverse, we work together within a One VF culture to capitalize on our greatest opportunities for long-term performance. Across our company, a collaborative, global mindset differentiates our products and the unique experiences we provide to our consumers. It all adds up to a lasting competitive advantage built on harnessing the power of our differences to achieve great things together, all while positively impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people and the world.
Our North Face and Jansport offices are currently located in Alameda, CA; Smartwool is located in Steamboat, CO; Eagle Creek is located in Carlsbad, CA and Altra Running is located in Logan, UT. All positions at these brands will ultimately be located in Denver, CO. By applying for an open position at any of these brands you will be acknowledging you are able to work as needed in the current office location and transition to Denver at the time in which the team makes the move in 2019.
Manager, Consumer Communications: Become the Newest Member of the VF Family
The Manager, Consumer Communications is the strategic and creative lead for performance territory communication, including products, athletes and events. Responsible for driving world-class seasonal storytelling through earned media, as well as direction for owned channels.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Strategic planning of integrated communications with internal and external counterparts for product categories, key initiatives, product launches and athlete storytelling
- Lead agency selection, RFP process and day-to-day execution of key initiative communication
- Strategic partner with brand communications, digital, sports marketing and advertising leads to drive editorial direction for seasonal initiatives and campaigns
- Media relationships: Builds strong, professional relationships with key editors and reviewers. Develop editorial programming for select stories. Evaluates and responds in a timely manner to press requests and reviews. Arranges interviews and prepare/prebriefs for company spokesperson
- Develop, manage, organize and execute trade show press events, brand summits, and media tours.
- Leads program reporting for categories and initiatives on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Manages global PR strategy for programs as needed and works with international counterparts to ensure consistency in message.
- Manages budgets, invoicing, and administrative needs as necessary.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 7-10 years of experience in public relations or related marketing field.
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- BA/BS Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or equivalent years of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the outdoor apparel industry and outdoor retail preferred.
- Agency and in-house experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Large contact book and deep relationships with mainstream, consumer and endemic media journalists.
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Ability to work with colleagues in different countries and understand cultural differences.
- Agency management required.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Travel by air and overnight, as required 40% of time.