VF Corporation outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic lifestyle brands, including Vans®, The North Face® , Timberland®, Dickies®, Wrangler® and Lee® . Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. We’re committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for our customers and shareholders.
We are a purpose-led company that seeks not only to succeed in business, but also to leverage our success and resources to make the world better. Through our brands and nearly 70,000 associates around the world, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. We are movement makers. It’s who we are and have always been.
Powerful brands that are fueled by insights and innovation put us at the heart of our consumers’ lives. Many of our brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status.
While our company and brands are diverse, we work together within a One VF culture to capitalize on our greatest opportunities for long-term performance. Across our company, a collaborative, global mindset differentiates our products and the unique experiences we provide to our consumers. It all adds up to a lasting competitive advantage built on harnessing the power of our differences to achieve great things together, all while positively impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people and the world.
Manager, Digital Communications, Social and Community Management: Become the Newest Member of the VF Family
The Manager, Digital Communications, Social and Community Management, will support nearly all aspects of VF’s global Corporate Affairs function, with an emphasis on developing digital strategies and using digital channels to maximize communication effectiveness. This position benefits from high-visibility within the corporation and includes the opportunity to build collaborative relationships across VF’s diverse portfolio of global brands and functions.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Be a key member of the Global Corporate Affiars team with responsibility for leveraging digital communications to enable all work streams within the function.
- Advise internal business partners on style, usability and web content best practices.
- Partner with Director, Digital Communcations on intranet content strategy implementation and ongoing maintenance.
- Execute external website strategy implementation and content updates.
- Build and send mass email communications to VF associates globally using Poppulo (Newsweaver).
- Participate in the building of new digital platforms (social media, web presences, etc.).
- Lead community management of internal collaboration platform (Yammer); manage day-to-day engagement and campaign execution.
- Manage day-to-day engagment, content creation and posting on corporate social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc.).
- Moderate and animate internal Yammer community, and support existing internal communities.
- Partner with and advise communications, photography, creative, video and technology agencies on campaigns and digital projects.
- Administer digital asset management system.
- Measure communication effectiveness using digital metrics and analytics.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, journalism, communications or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a communications role, preferably within a Fortune 500 company or progressive communications/marketing agency environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong knowledge of web content management systems, SharePoint experience a plus
- Experience with web analytics packages (Google Analytics)
- Experience with social media platforms (YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Experience with email marketing platforms
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop or other image manipulation software
- Familiarity with Final Cut Pro or other video editing software
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills (AP Style experience a plus)
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Ability to build strong working relationships with global internal clients across brands, functions and locations
- Humble leadership
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Avid technology advocate and fast learner
- Agile working style
- Dedication to delivering on-time and precise results
- Ability to be collaborative and also work independently