Hi, I'm Frank, Director of Analytics at Craftsy.
Our mission is to empower people who can't help but create! Combining cutting-edge expertise in digital marketing, technology, content and eCommerce, Craftsy is a proud new member of the NBCUniversal family. Armed with new partners and infinite possibilities, we’re eager to continue building a customer-first lifestyle learning brand for passionate makers. Our team here navigates challenges by trusting in each other and using data as our compass. We’ve only scratched the surface and we’re ready for more!
We're looking for someone who’s curious, self-directed and highly analytical (obviously), to join our centralized Analytics & Finance team. You’ll partner with internal stakeholders at all levels across the business to drive actionable and impactful data-driven insights and recommendations.
From the start, you can expect to:
- Work cross-functionally to identify, prioritize, and solve key analytics opportunities
- Understand and communicate business performance and metrics to drive insights and business actions (not just regurgitation of numbers)
- Analyze, model and summarize massive amounts of data to drive decision making
- Tell data-driven stories that inspire action at the executive and senior leadership leader
- Conduct ad-hoc and recurring analyses with the desire and ability to automate recurring reports
- Build strong personal relationships to become a trusted thought leader throughout the organization
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years work experience in Analytics, Consulting or Finance
- Confidence using data to drive business decisions
- Experience conducting deep quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Display a focus on achieving both short and long term goals in an uncertain and fluid environment
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- SQL, data modeling, business statistics
- Data warehousing and business intelligence platforms such as Looker or Tableau
- In-depth financial modeling
- A strong .gif game
In addition to your resume, please submit a 1-page cover letter answering the following:
- If you had to pick one, would you consider yourself a data analyst, a financial modeler or an internal consultant? Why?
- More bonus points: provide a link to a .gif which best exemplifies your philosophy on how you like to work.