Global Down Syndrome Foundation (Global) is a public not for profit 501(c)3 providing funding, outreach and advocacy in support of the Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome (Crnic Institute) and the Anna and John J. Sie Center for Down Syndrome (Sie Center). Global’s mission is to significantly improve the lives of people with Down syndrome through Research, Medical Care, Education and Advocacy.
Global’s key areas of work are:
1. Development including strategic initiatives, fundraising and friend-raising
2. Advocacy including government advocacy and general awareness
3. Communication, Public Relations & Marketing
4. Event Management including the Be Beautiful Be Yourself fashion show
5. Community Outreach including Global Membership programs, health & wellness programs
Global’s primary activity is in Colorado and the DC-area; although, Global has supporters around the world. Future plans include increasing outreach nationally, and in key international locations.
MANAGER OF MARKETING AND DESIGN
The Manager of Marketing and Design position is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to use your graphic design, marketing, analytic, and digital strategy skills to further the mission of a young and ambitious organization. Someone successful in this position will inform communication strategy, help redesign up to four websites, and increase fundraising through digital and print campaigns. The primary responsibilities of this position will be to manage Global’s online presence, measure success of online messaging, and assist with analytics-informed strategy.
Areas of Responsibility
Support Global’s overall mission and support the Global marketing team to meet its annual goals and budget to ultimately benefit people with Down syndrome through the work described below:
1. Design Work
(1) Create marketing collateral for Global’s key areas of work
i. Email blasts, event invitations, event posters, newsletter, brochures, flyers, programs
(2) Work with our collaborators to monitor and update affiliated websites
i. Linda Crnic Institute website, housed in University of Colorado Denver website
ii. Anna and John J. Sie Center for Down Syndrome, housed in the Children’s Hospital website
(3) Maintain the Global website
i. Manage Blackbaud integration and reporting
ii. Maintaining online donation and event registration system via Blackbaud Online Express
iii. Manage and update website plugins, third-party integrations, and template installations.
iv. Implement custom HTML or CSS code as needed for special projects
(4) Create graphics and content for fundraising campaigns
2. Marketing Work
(1) Data Tracking and Analysis
i. Develop and implement systems to track online goals and campaign performance
ii. Compile analytics and interpret data to better understand inform communications strategy
iii. Create weekly and monthly reports
(2) Assist with Global’s social media presence
i. Create and edit copy
ii. Create and edit graphics to optimize for social media
iii. Assist in the creation and maintenance of digital fundraising campaigns using Blackbaud integration and reporting
(3) Update and create content for website: announcements, sponsor updates, event information, news stories, blog posts, etc.
(4) Develop collateral including basic copywriting and copyediting
(5) Create and maintain support materials including photos, press kits, b-roll, etc.
(6) Other assigned duties as requested by Senior Director of Communications & Marketing
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree is required; in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Computer Science, Graphic Design is preferred
- Global Down Syndrome Foundation
- Two years coding experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deadlines.
- Enjoys and takes pride in working hard with a team of like-minded colleagues to successfully communicate Global and its affiliates’ accomplishments internally and externally
- Handles themselves in a professional manner including during pressurized situations
- Excellent work ethic and positive disposition
- Advanced WordPress CMS experience
- Knowledge of Blackbaud products including Online Express and Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Expert in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office
- Experience with Google Analytics and Search Engine Optimization
- Expert in web design, web development, and project management
- Experience with CRM software a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- High ethical standards, maintain high level of confidentially
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent ability to multi-task; self-motivated
- Excellent judgment in terms of problem solving and knowing when to ask for direction versus when to work independently; ability to think “outside of the box”
- Ability to work effectively with ethnic, cultural and diverse populations
- Works effectively with individuals at all levels in organizations
- Flexible with changing priorities and diversity within responsibilities
- Successfully manages, from beginning to end, multiple tasks and multi-faceted projects with sense of urgency; ability to prioritize
- Rigorous follow-through and strong ability to finalize deliverables on time and correctly
Reports to Senior Director of Public Relations and Marketing, supports the department
Currently no direct reports
Commensurate with experience
Mondays through Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Requires evenings and/or weekends work on occasion.
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, portfolio, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Global Down Syndrome Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. The foundation’s policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment and provides equal employment opportunity regarding race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, height, weight, or military status and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.