Visit Grand Junction is actively seeking a highly motivated Marketing and Communications Manager who has excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously with keen attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership and accountability. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills and business acumen with an ability to build productive, cross-functional relationships to support the strategic goals of the organization.
Under direction from the Visit Grand Junction Director, the Marketing and Communications Manager will:
- Develop and manage brand and strategic marketing plans in addition to all communications and public relations for Visit Grand Junction;
- Oversee all marketing efforts and international programs including earned, paid, and owned media;
- Integrate efforts in all brand and marketing campaigns;
- Support destination management through branding, promotion, packaging, international sales, print, and online platforms;
- Analyze marketing analytics and report metrics while implementing and managing actionable insights across all channels and departments;
- Manage request for proposal (RFP) processes, implementation, and agency contracts;
- Perform a variety of duties relative to assigned areas of responsibility.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in marketing, public relations, journalism, or related field; minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible marketing, communications, or public relations experience; previous experience working for a destination marketing organization preferred.
- Principles and practices of media and public relations;
- Effective communication and public speaking techniques;
- Social media marketing, promotions, communications, analysis, and functionality;
- Effective technical and news writing skills;
- Principles and applications of graphic design and lay out;
- Applicable Federal, State and local codes, laws and regulations.
- Develop concise, comprehensive and understandable public information materials;
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public, media and City employees;
- Write and/or edit written materials for publication;
- Manage social media and website elements and design;
- Identify opportunities to publicize programs;
- Prepare and conduct presentations;
- Work closely with management staff in the development of public communications plans;
- Elicit community and organizational support for programs.
The job is performed in an office environment, some travel to other locations and local attractions with some evenings and weekends required.