Are you looking for an opportunity to positively influence the lives of the members of your community? Do you have a collaborative spirit committed to character development by promoting and demonstrating caring, honesty, respect and responsibility to staff, lay leaders, YMCA members, program participants and the general public? Would you like to join an organization that believes in strengthening the foundation of our communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility?
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager who will enthusiastically represent the YMCA by displaying a positive attitude, maintain a high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job through the four character values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. This position will take lead in managing the website(s) content for accuracy and relevancy while also providing graphic design support for smaller projects. The Marketing and Communications Manager will create a safe and positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals while managing all projects for the department via the project management tool Wrike.
MINIMUM CRITERIA FOR CANDIDATES:
- Minimum 21 years of age
- 2 – 4 years of experience in website management, graphic design, marketing, journalism, communications or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & Adobe Creative Suite
- Will possess superb writing, spelling, grammar and editing skills along with strong attention to detail, creative processes, organizational skills and follow through
- The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills, and adhere to internal and external deadlines
- Posess strong research skills and familiarity working with content management systems
- Strong knowledge of and interest in new technology, websites, social media, marketing and communications
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the marketing and communications team
- Must be comfortable working with media representatives, organizational and executive level staff and other internal and external audiences
- ALL YMCA staff positions require certifications in CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid and Oxygen Administration. Preferred candidates will have current certifications upon hiring however training is available.
KEY FOCUS AREAS:
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region website.
- Ensure website content is accurate and consistently updated. Ensure content and images are professional, interactive and effective in communicating our services and programs.
- Work with center staff to ensure center and program area web pages are current and reflect consistency throughout the site as we communicate to multiple audiences.
- Maintain, update and/or create print marketing materials, member communication pieces and templates including program brochures, internal branch marketing pieces and promotions using Adobe Suite.
- Ensure centers and program areas are in compliance with established brand standard policies.
- Manage and track all incoming projects to completion via Wrike.
- Assist with photography and videography scheduling, production and post-production when needed.
- Assist with maintaining photo and video library for the department as needed.
- Collaborate with marketing and communications team in planning, developing and delivering on marketing strategies, Y stories, program promotions, etc.
- Work closely with digital specialist in website page reviews, evaluating analytics and updating sites accordingly.
- Assist in the organization and attendance of promotional and community events when needed.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to empower a qualified candidate with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
TARGET DATES FOR PROCESS:
Deadline for resumes/applications…………………….(03/05/2019)
Interviews anticipated by…………………………..(03/18/2019)
Decision anticipated by……………………………(03/25/2019)
Position start date………………………………….(04/01/2019)