Essential Functions of the Job:
- Traditional Social Media: Posting relevant content to Hotel Teatro and The Nickel’s Facebook, Twitter + Instagram accounts regularly with platform best practices.
- Non-Traditional Social Media: Posting relevant content to Hotel Teatro and The Nickel’s Pinterest, Linked In and website career pages as needed or once a month.
- Social Media Paid Promotions: Work within budget to use paid promotions on Facebook and/or Instagram monthly to promote reservations, onsite and offsite events, new or changing menus, special packages, etc.
- Maintaining Onsite + Offsite calendar for the property. This document serves as a detailed internal guide for all onsite and offsite events for both Hotel Teatro and The Nickel alongside with BEO’s to communicate all events to the team. This position is responsible for ensuring the outlets are participating in the correct types of events. This position will also be responsible for submitting all paperwork and obtaining necessary permits for off-site events.
- Maintaining a weekly events email with the property which is sent out at the end of each week to cover the upcoming weekend for the downtown Denver area.
- Complete all website updates for Hotel Teatro and The Nickel in their respective systems, including copy updates, menu changes, hotel package updates, special events, press room, etc.
- Complete monthly website audit for correct content on both websites.
- Design and target 2-4-monthly digital marketing campaigns to our database; along with growing email marketing database.
- Reputation Management: This is a daily task and requires monitoring of all sites with guest feedback for both Hotel Teatro and The Nickel. This responsibility also includes responding where allowed to the guest feedback and working with the internal teams to understand the feedback to respond properly in addition to providing guest recovery when necessary. Full review documents for both Hotel Teatro and The Nickel are sent each week internally for review.
- Design all marketing collateral for the property, including, but not limited to print advertising, digital advertising, print collateral, special event menus, signage and sales marketing flyers.
- Study Workshops: These events are held about one time per month and are for the purpose of exposing our space to our local audience and garnering additional media coverage from local and regional outlets. This responsibility includes but is not limited to: creating workshop along with local small businesses / makers, working with the Sales team to complete the BEO for the event and being available to oversee the workshop to network with guests and interact with workshop attendees.
- Conduct influencer outreach and proactively invite appropriate media contacts to experience Hotel Teatro and/or The Nickel; set up reservations for all media guests. Our PR company is also available to assist in deciding the appropriate guidelines for hosting.
- Monthly Marketing Meeting: This meeting will be prepared and run by the Marketing Manager to share upcoming events, plan out opportunities and come to agreeance operationally on best practices.
- Google PPC Campaign for The Nickel: These PPC campaigns are run in-house. This position will manage this listing, key words and budget on a monthly basis.
- Collaborate with PR agency of record to maintain a consistent brand message and to secure press.
- Serve as in-house photographer for restaurant dishes, special events and stock photography as-needed.
- Monthly Asset Call: This position will prepare the final presentation for our monthly asset calls in PowerPoint.
- Annual Budget Presentation: This position will prepare the final presentation for our annual budget presentation in PowerPoint, including leadership slides, marketing plan, PR review. This position will prepare all materials for ownership as needed.
- Sales + Marketing Annual Plan: This position will assist in the creation of the annual Sales + Marketing plan.
- Generate month-end performance reports which detail growth and engagement as a result of digital marketing efforts
- Manage Hotel Teatro’s rotating art exhibit program; proactively reach out to prospective artists
- Serve as on-site contact for all marketing related events in Hotel Teatro and The Nickel, including Denver Restaurant Week, specialty dinners and media events.
- Monitor SEO/PPC/DRM efforts for Hotel Teatro and The Nickel; share all SEO blog posts on social to boost keywork rankings
- Work with PPC team to generate PPC ad copy and display remarketing banners as-needed
- Manage all media accolade submissions and promotion for Hotel Teatro and The Nickel
Additional Job Duties:
- Communicate property-wide marketing initiatives to staff in a timely manner
- Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook. Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Report to shift on time, as scheduled according to the needs of the hotel including weekends, holidays and/or flexible hours.
- Complete tasks and projects delegated by the Director of Marketing and assist other departments as business volume and staff levels demand.
- Provide excellent communication/follow-up with media, advertising vendors, etc.
- Prepare Monthly Reports for Director of Marketing and General Manager to review.
Physical requirements of the position include:
- Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, talking, hearing and seeing.
Education, Experience, Skills:
- College Degree – Mass Communication/PR preferred
- 1-2 years minimum social media, digital marketing and/or PR experience – agency or in-house
- Computer skills preferred: Photoshop, Lightroom, WordPress, Microsoft Suite
- Familiarity with social media planners / schedulers, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Mailchimp, Eventbrite
- 2 years of design experience with Photoshop in regard to ad creation
- Strong English oral and written communication skills
- Time management/organizational skills
Scheduling: All applicants must be available to work a varying schedule including but not limited to weekends, holidays and evenings as necessary.
Hotel Teatro is an EEO employer and drug free work environment. As part of our re-employment process all candidates must successfully complete a background check and references prior to a formal offer of employment.