About Colorado State University-Global Campus:
Mission: Colorado State University-Global Campus is committed to advancing student success in a global society, investing in human capital, expanding the state economy, and enhancing the quality of life for citizens in the state of Colorado and beyond by providing access to dynamic degree programs characterized by academic excellence, innovative delivery technologies, and strong stakeholder engagement. Vision: CSU-Global Campus is the premier provider of innovative, higher learning opportunities for nontraditional students in Colorado and beyond.
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) was created by the Colorado State University System Board of Governors in 2007 as the first 100 percent online state university in the United States. CSU-Global is focused on facilitating adult success in a global marketplace through career-relevant education including bachelor's degree completion and master's degree programs. Embracing the land grant heritage as part of the Colorado State University System, CSU-Global sets the standard for quality and innovation in higher education through its expert faculty trained in working with adults in an online learning environment, and through its dedication to student retention, graduation and workplace success. CSU-Global’s student focus requires employees to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
Job Duties/Performance Objectives:
• Provide leadership in program optimizations, positioning, and messaging that aligns CSU-Global programs with marketplace needs, including the translation of academic details into benefits that fit student and industry understanding and needs.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders as the primary programmatic advocate to provide continued improvements in academic program development, programmatic marketing differentiators within brand requirements, and support services designed specific for student career success within these disciplines.
• Develop, execute, and report on annual marketing product plans for each product categories to accomplish new and continuing student goals.
• Write and/or contribute to the development of programmatic marketing content and collateral materials for a variety of audiences.
• Communicate the value proposition of academic programs to student-facing staff and other internal stakeholders through information and tools that support student and stakeholder engagement with academic programs.
• Conduct market research and competitive analysis to identify and guide current and future offerings and positioning
• Be the expert on student and external stakeholder behavior related to how they consume and select programs, and their needs for higher education, as you work collaboratively with faculty and academic personnel to jointly deliver academic programs that meet the CSU-Global mission of workplace success through higher education.
• Research and ensure data-driven strategies to increase CSU-Global program engagement, lead generation, enrollments, and retention throughout the marketing funnel and communication life cycle.
• Identify and engage with external industry experts, associations, and influencers to maximize awareness and connectedness of university offerings.
• Strong quantitative analysis
• Written, verbal and presentation communication
• Calculated risk-taking
• Financial management
• Market awareness
• Decision-making based on data
• Able to convey authority and credibility
• Working knowledge of web analytics tools
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse stakeholders to achieve goals
• Ability to create and/or ensure that marketing pieces fit marketplace needs
• Effective leadership of multiple stakeholders in the creation, launch, evaluation, and improvement of marketing strategies
• Demonstrated market-competitive success
• P&L management and ROI-mindset
• Ability to transform academic language to market-based communication
Experience & Education Requirements:
• 5+ years industry-specific experience in Accounting and Business, with a working knowledge of industry culture, training needs, and skills-gaps
• 2+ years in a marketing role
• Professional demeanor and presence
• Previous work history that reflects professional advancement
Applications will be accepted until an appointment is made. Applications must include: resume; cover letter addressing interest and qualifications; names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for three references. Applications will be held in confidence except for the individuals invited for campus interviews.
Performance assessments are required to help determine the candidate’s ability to perform the duties of the job. The performance assessment will test the candidate’s ability to apply the skills and competencies listed above.
CSU-Global offers employer contributions to medical, dental, group life, AD&D coverage, Wellness benefit and training & development opportunities. Additional employee paid benefits are available for vision, FSA, voluntary life, and voluntary AD&D coverage. CSU-Global also offers a 401a retirement account with a generous employer match, 100% tuition assistance for CSU-Global programs (Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees), paid sick time, paid vacation time, 10 holidays per year and the potential to work remotely. CSU-Global employees are state employees and have access to the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP) resources.
The successful candidate must pass a background check.
Colorado State University System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements. In order to assist Colorado State University System in meeting its affirmative action responsibilities, ethnic minorities, women, and other protected class members are encouraged to apply and to also identify themselves.