Media and Marketing Intern
REPORTS TO: Marketing and Patron Engagement Associate
Media and Marketing Interns will work with the Marketing and Patron Engagement Associate and other marketing team members to communicate and coordinate press in the days leading up to and during the Festival, while creating and distributing marketing materials. They also assist with the Festival’s social media presence during the Festival. A good fit for this position would be those interested in gaining experience in public relations, marketing, and social media.
• Assist in collecting and organizing photos of BMF events during rehearsals, concerts, social activities and other events.
• Produce engaging copy for BMF’s social media updates on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
• Assist Marketing and Patron Engagement Associate with writing and distributing PR materials for press and internet including:
general interest articles, press releases, electronic newsletters, print and radio advertisements and the blog.
• Manage schedules for press releases and other related materials; maintain and organize press clippings
• Assist production and physical distribution of marketing and PR materials including: posters, flyers and ticket vouchers
• Assist communications with Town tourist information outlets including Welcome Center, hotel concierges, Breckenridge Resort
Chamber, and Breckenridge Tourism Office
• Assist with website maintenance and content updates, as well as with Google Analytics reports
• Assist with PR events and functions
• Assist with the graphic design of concert posters and digital graphic content
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Adobe Creative Suite knowledge a plus
• Excellent computer skills including web-based, interactive communications, video and photo editing software. HTML and
WordPress knowledge a plus
• Detail oriented; excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
• Knowledge of classical music and prior marketing experience a plus
• Outgoing, even-tempered, extremely organized, mature person, able to work well under pressure and with all personality types
PHYSICAL AND WORKING DEMANDS:
Must be available to work around 40 hours a week. The job requires some lifting, a valid driver’s license and the ability to function at the 9,600 ft. elevation of Breckenridge. It is recommended that the intern bring and use his or her own personal laptop.
NOTE: This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Interns will be provided resort housing during the duration of the internship. This is an UNPAID internship. College credit m ay be available.
Recommended internship dates are between July 5 – August 18, 2017.
APPLICATIONS AND DEADLINES:
To apply for the above listed position, please submit a cover letter, along with a resume and references by January 15, 2017 to email@example.com.
For more information, please visit: