StarRez is renowned for impacting millions of students' lives every year with industry-leading housing and conference software. We have a global customer base of over 700 major institutions, supported by a global team. Many of the most prestigious Universities, Colleges and Property Managers across the globe rely on StarRez to transform the student residential experience.
StarRez is growing rapidly and our Business Development team has a great full-time opportunity for a New Sales Account Manager based in our Denver office. The New Sales Account Manager is responsible for achieving new business revenue goals in an assigned territory and assisting the New Business team in achieving its collective goals. From initial lead generation through to product demonstration, relationship development, and closure, this role requires complete ownership of the planning and execution of new business.
The New Sales Account Manager role offers a challenging opportunity for a sales-driven product/subject matter specialist who wants to make a measurable impact. A successful candidate will have excellent presentation, demonstration, and relationship building skills. An ideal candidate would also have extensive hands-on StarRez product experience and knowledge.
Essential Functions of the role include:
- Manage assigned territory to achieve new customer revenue goals
- Outbound prospecting and market coverage via email, phone, and other mediums as required
- Manage and develop prospect pipeline from initial lead to deal closure
- Provide market insight and customer requirements to better position existing solutions both online and in person
- Provide feedback for new product development and future evolution
- Build long-term relationships with prospects, customers, and industry leaders
- Leverage infrastructure tools such as Salesforce, Pardot, SharePoint, to build market/prospect data for effective data analytics and market insight
- Assist in creating and updating sales and marketing materials for web, print, and demonstration purposes
- Manage and develop effective partner relationships as needed
Competencies, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to adjust and customize the content of demonstrations based on customer needs
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated experience at presenting and leading meetings with a range of stakeholders, including multiple levels of management, and decision makers
- Drive to create and execute on tactical and strategic initiatives
- Strong team orientation to help achieve individual as well as team goals
- Proven skills in developing new customer, prospect, and partner relationships
- Exercise professional judgment regarding issues management, and
- Utilize effective problem analysis and resolution techniques
- Able to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under pressure and with time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Ability to set, manage, and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and able to work independently
Required Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 to 6 years relevant professional experience
- 3 to 5 years new or existing customer software sales experience
- Lead Generation and Prospecting experience
- Software product sales demonstration experience
- Intermediate knowledge with Salesforce.com,
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite of products
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- SaaS Software sales experience
- Strong understanding of software licensing contracts, terms, conditions, pricing, etc.
- 3 +years professional Higher Education Housing Experience a plus
- Previous use of StarRez software preferred – experience using other housing/conference management software a plus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to successfully build rapport with stakeholders
- Able to maintain a high level of productivity
- Ability to prioritize tasks and set, manage, and meet deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally approximately 25 to 40%
Desired Values and Attitudes
- Customer focused
- Structured, process minded
- Takes ownership and pride in work
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Commitment and dedication to work within deadlines, follows through with tasks
- Willing to ask for help, learn and try hard
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude, gets involved
- Team player who is approachable, friendly and helpful
- Adaptable and flexible
The benefits of working for StarRez
StarRez is committed to keeping their employees happy. StarRez provides its staff with world-class open office spaces with the optional stand-up desks. In addition to this, we provide competitive benefits and compensation packages including health, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and 401K retirement plan options. We have regular team events, weekly Friday lunches, professional development opportunities, and potential opportunities to travel overseas to our international offices (Melbourne, AU, & London, UK).
StarRez is a highly-engaged company and one that prides itself on taking care of its employees & customers. Our culture and values are the foundation of our success and at the core of our business. We focus on customer service, teamwork, positive attitudes, taking responsibility, building relationships, managing expectations and something we love to call the Z-Factor which is our passion, innovation, care and enthusiasm.
If you want to join an innovative company that allows you to share your knowledge and embrace the latest in technology to make a difference, apply now to make sure you don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity.
StarRez is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.