Be the voice of the mountain. Share your love for outdoor winter sports through the written word and video. Create compelling content by getting to know the mountain, and of course that can mean first tracks on a powder day. Report all the news from mountain conditions to resort events, behind-the-scenes action to personality profiles, all the things there are to do on and off the snow.
This position allows you first access to the mountian at 5:15am, 4 days a week which leaves you with a 3 day weekend to enjoy the mountains even more.
Are you a natural storyteller? This position gives you the opportunity to communicate across channels with an emphasis on video, web, email and phone content. Please note that advanced level skiing/snowboarding abilities is an essential function of this job.
You should be outgoing, a confident skier or rider, demonstrate great attention to detail and very strong communication skills and be a team player. This is a job that requires both work and play. Share your enthusiasm for winter and the resort as the guests’ number one resource for all things snow. This is a full time position from November – April.
Essential Job Functions
- Write and announce short snow report for a variety of ski reporting services
- Confer regularly with Mountain Operations, Guest Services and Information, Patrol Marketing, Public Relations, Events, Community Organizations and various Resort Businesses in order to compile, update and disseminate mountain condition information
- Update several websites, including winterparkresort.com as the day’s conditions unfold
- Develop written content for Daily Resort & Snow Report emails, process content to ensure on-time send of those emails within email system
- Maintain and update internal communication of day’s conditions and trail updates
- Assess/monitor mountain weather conditions for changes and follows up with reporting services
- Conduct competitive ski report surveys, in order to compare and assess other resort reporting information
- Process and analyze daily Grooming statistics throughout the entire season
- Smile, have fun, ski or snowboard on a daily basis and be the “Voice of Winter Park"
- At times, storyboard, film and produce on the snow content for Winter Park audience
- Archive b-roll
- Gather content for blog, social media and other media, per direction of marketing team
- Work hours include time on the mountain skiing or riding to gather conditions reports and content
- Special projects as assigned (film and/or written)
- Assist other departments as needed
- For example, may occasionally act as a tour guide (on and off mountain) for visiting media and other VIPs, as well as coordinate lift tickets, rentals, etc.
- Snow reporters must be at their work station without fail by 5:15 a.m. every scheduled workday. All daily work is time-sensitive and must be completed according to times outlined on a set schedule.
- Excellent communication skills in both public speaking and writing. Note that a writing sample and video sample may be required.
- Must be a creative, well organized, team player with a high degree of energy
- Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Advanced level skier/snowboarder
- Working knowledge of photo and video editing software a plus
- Basic photography skills a plus
- Must be able to work efficiently to meet deadlines
- Must work well independently and as a member of a team
- Be a morning person!