*Colorado County Officials and Employees Retirement Association (CCOERA)*
As a non-profit retirement association, CCOERA’s sole purpose is to provide retirement benefits to employees of Colorado local government employers (counties, municipalities & special districts). We support our member employers by providing one of the most competitive and unique retirement savings programs available to public employees. CCOERA currently has an opening in our headquarters in Littleton, Colorado for an Operations Analyst.
The Operations Analyst oversees Retirement Plan operations administration and recordkeeping. Responds to and researches Plan Participant (Participant), staff and employer inquiries. Assists Participants with recordkeeping issues and approves distributions and loan requests. Also provides a wide range of operational accounting, account analysis and data/report analytics.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors and reviews accuracy of recordkeeping vendor regarding participant distributions, rollover withdrawals, record comparisons, and data entry verification.
- Reviews loan requests up to $50,000 and makes determination for approval or disapproval. Notifies employers of refinancing participants.
- Researches historical data inquiries from staff members, participants and employers, and extracts information/policy-detail from historical records, electronic sources and hard copy.
- Provides administrative support to Chief Financial Officer and assists with research, recordkeeping and information analytics.
- Coordinates and facilitates Participant and employer requests for assistance with recordkeeping vendor and/or recordkeeping procedures, including inter-plan transfers.
- Forwards Participant requests to Client Services for assistance in transfers or account retention.
- Consults with Participants regarding withdrawal requests and/or future payment schedules, and employers regarding plan changes or implementations.
BEHAVIORS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Teamwork/Relationship Building – Ability to work cooperatively with others in the accomplishment of joint tasks and common objectives. Involves understanding team dynamics, fostering collaboration, providing a tangible contribution and listening and responding to the input of others in a manner that creates an environment of mutual trust and respect.
- Achievement Orientation – Consistently meets/exceeds the goals and objectives set by self and others. Explores ways to improve service and work in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Customer Service Orientation – Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Communication – Expressing one’s needs, wants, opinions and preferences without offending the sensitivities of others. Listening with objectivity and clarifying messages; giving and receiving feedback effectively.
- Problem Solving/Analytical Thinking – Ability to identify and define problems and create solutions. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer. Ability to see the “big picture” and understand how the various parts of an organization fit together.
- Accountability – An obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three (3) years’ experience with recordkeeping and operational systems.
- Knowledge of governmental pension plans and related Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to solve problems with general guidance.
- Accurate data entry, reporting skills, and information analysis.
- Strong organizational skills, able to multitask and take initiative.
- Detail oriented with the ability to understand how information fits into the big picture.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and operational procedures.
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Salesforce.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Light physical effort required by moving objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to ten (10) pounds frequently, moving boxes, files and furniture.
- Normal office environment.
Contact and Further Information:
If you are both qualified and CCOERA interests you, please send your resume and cover letter as instructed on this job site. Please no phone calls or in-person inquiries.
Send resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com
Deadline for submitting your application is 5 p.m. MDT, July 10, 2018.
This is a full-time, exempt position with a comprehensive benefits package. Salary is competitive and commensurate with level of experience.
CCOERA cannot provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Job Type: Full-time