JOB SUMMARY: This position will support the Public Events Department, by coordinating, planning and fulfilling parking and traffic related activities, operations and logistics associated with public stadium events. Additionally, this position will play a key support role in the planning and fulfillment of outdoor events, as well as smaller, internal stadium events. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: gathering and distributing event details, communicating with internal and external groups to fulfill parking and event related requirements to ensure successful events, and assisting with the stadium website and social media channels. The position will also assist with the recruitment and administrative duties related to the part-time parking staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinates parking related details, operations, and logistics for Public Ticketed, Parking Lot Events or Gameday Operations by
- Planning and coordinating the parking related operations and logistics for approximately 30 events per year
- Assisting with the coordination of event activities for an additional 15 events per year, including parking lot events and rentals, as well as smaller public, private and internal events.
- Supporting and assisting the Parking and Events Manager with event day parking management and supervision for parking operations as assigned and approved by the Parking & Events Manager
- Supports Parking & Events Manager by assisting in providing clear event / game day instructions to outside groups such as DPD Traffic, Subcontractors such as Argus & Staff Pro, City of Denver agencies such as DPPA, Zoning & ROWE Enforcement, RTD and CDOT.
- Facilitating fan and event related communication on website to include ensuring events are added w/images to the event calendar page, placing HERO images received from client on website and making other website edits as needed with assistance from website team
- Addressing customer complaints and seeking ways to improve the fan experience and service to guests of Stadium
- Assisting with preparing game day parking and events activities such as timelines, documentation, staff briefing notes, and paperwork before, during and immediately following events
- Booking events into event management system at the direction of department managers and (Events, Parking)
- Assisting event operations and improving fan communication with entering posts via social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Assisting with client and internal meetings and event walkthroughs related to parking and outdoor events
Assists with aspects of parking and event operations by
- Receiving parking requests from internal and external departments, organizing and prioritizing needs before assigning permits
- Developing and maintaining staff briefing notes, timelines, lot assignments, for each event with public parking
- Updating parking, event, and other relevant information on website and phone line
- Evaluating and reviewing parking and event procedures to further develop the department
- Assisting with client and internal meetings related to public ticketed events
Coordinate reporting, department benchmarking and administrative tasks by
- Developing reporting criteria in conjunction with Events department managers (Events, Biz Dev, Parking) to include creating marketing decks and supporting related marketing initiatives
- Maintaining regular reporting of benchmarks via event management software, Voice of Fan and others event & parking related resources
- Assisting department managers with profit and loss statements, creation of diagrams, setting up and conducting walkthroughs for event clients
- Researching products for the parking and events and department to increase revenues, reduce expenses as well as improve the efficiency of the operation
Contributes to the team effort by
- Assisting with the recruitment and administrative duties related to part-time parking staff
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field
- 1-3 years’ experience in event coordination. Parking related experience a plus.
- Excellent and friendly phone presence, professional appearance to conduct face-to-face business meetings.
- Goal driven, high energy, and motivated to succeed.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills required.
- Computer efficiency (knowledge of Microsoft Office products and ability to quickly learn new software programs, including but not limited to Event Management software and budgeting software.
- Ability to work well as needed on a team or individually.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.