PART-TIME GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Club Greenwood is looking for a part-time (20-hours a week) Graphic Designer to join our team at our Greenwood Village, CO location, this is mandatory for this position. The part time position is four hours a day, five days per week. The Graphic Designer will be responsible for a wide range of projects assigned by the Director of Marketing and Public Relations including design for digital platforms, publications, printed collateral and signage. The Graphic Designer also provides marketing support to multiple departments which help each division achieve monthly budgeted goals. This position requires experience using WordPress, excellent typographic and self-editing skills, knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. The candidate will be responsible for design work-flow from creation to posting online and printing. This person will also be required to design for web, email platforms and social. The right candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a relevant degree with previous work experiences a plus. Experience in photography and video is also a bonus. Experience or an interest in fitness is also appreciated for this position. The rate for this position is $18-$20 per hour, commensurate with experience. Candidates should email their resume and cover letter with a link to their portfolio demonstrating their range of work to by Tuesday, March 19, 2019. Candidates being considered will be asked to do a design challenge.
- Excellent typographic skills; must have extensive knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Responsible for design work-flow from creation, to posting online, to printing and distributing around the club
- Must have a Marketing mind-set to understand different channels of marketing and be able to design for the ever-changing platforms
- Experience and ease working in WordPress and other website platforms. Ability to size and format photos for the web.
- Social Media – Experience deisgning for and writing for social platforms including, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest. Generate original content and suggest creative ways to attract more customers and promote our brand and programs. Be able to publish and share daily social media content and content that is developed for social media.
- Must work well on multiple projects under pressure in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and openness to feedback required. Must be able to take direction, and work independently, while being a strong team player
- The successful candidate will be passionate about design and will have a strong knowledge of current design trends
- Knowledge of printing process is advantageous
- Email marketing – Use Constant Contact or other email marketing platforms to generate design web friendly content
- Creation of brochures, signage, flyers, banners, posters, logos, advertisements and other marketing materials as directed by Director and/or department managers
- Work closely with the marketing and sales team to develop and create promotional and marketing literature
- The ability to develop and apply relevant and unique solutions to challenging design problems while following a design process
- Copywriting ability would be an asset as well as the ability self edit
- Participate in the creation, development, and distribution of weekly newsletters
- Photography skills a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work with deadlines
- Ability to follow a systemized work-flow
About Club Greenwood
Club Greenwood is South Denver’s premier full-service health club located in the heart of Greenwood Village, CO. Boasting over 153,000 total square feet, Club Greenwood features over 150 complimentary fitness classes per week, including hot yoga and indoor cycling. The club also features a classical Pilates studio, 9,600 square foot weight room, an outdoor heated 25-meter eight-lane lap pool, open year-round and a 52,000 square foot tennis club with seven indoor clay courts and five outdoor courts. Founded in 1987, Club Greenwood has been recognized as one of “America’s Best Gyms” by Fitness Magazine. Members can expect an immaculate club, personalized service and attention to detail. Visit ClubGreenwood.com. Formerly, Greenwood Athletic and Tennis Club.
Job Type: Part-time
- graphic design: 3 years (Preferred)
Candidates should email their resume and cover letter with a link to their portfolio demonstrating their range of work to email@example.com by Tuesday, March 19, 2019. Candidates being considered will be asked to do a design challenge.