Do you have a gift for caring for Seniors and are you looking to join a team that creates communities that feel like home? We are looking for compassionate and talented team members who have a passion for ensuring the care of our Residents.
The Payroll Manager will oversee all activities associated with the timely and regular processing and reporting of the corporation’s various payrolls. Ensures that adequate controls are in place to document all key processes, that the correct statutory and voluntary deductions are taken from all disbursements and that the proper recording and transfer of funds to outside third parties is completed accurately and on time. Processes all quarterly and annual payroll filings and works with assigned auditors (internal and external) to ensure that all regulatory requirements are satisfied.
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. is considered a leader and innovator in senior living, and is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
- This position will report to the Sr. Vice President of Human Resources.
- Builds and maintains a strong payroll function through selecting and developing Team Member professionals. Establishes clear and stretching objectives, actively monitors performance and provides timely and objective feedback to all staff. Acts as a mentor to other Team Members in area of expertise.
- Leads multi-state payroll processing for approximately 3,500+ employees (Exempt and Non-exempt), including time entry, garnishments, paid time off (PTO), flexible time off (FTO), commissions, bonuses, benefits, and 401(k) deductions.
- Works with corporate accounting, auditing, compensation, benefits and other individuals across the organization to coordinate matters involving payroll to include, but not limited to, payroll distribution, taxes, and executive compensation.
- Ensures the processing of new hires, promotions, and terminations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Works closely with Accounting to ensure the accurate and timely posting of journal entries from the payroll system.
- Assures payroll information is accurate through review and audit and completion of all payroll reconciliations.
- Assists Accounting with month-end close reconciliations and fluctuation analysis related to salary accounts.
- Promptly and accurately processes monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting as related to Payroll processing.
- Partners with Finance to provide estimated payroll funding requirements.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits, and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Owns the technical set-up and accurate maintenance of HRIS/Payroll system, including successful integrations, benefits, wages and FTO/PTO plans.
- Partners with HRIS Manager to ensure correct tracking and reporting of local, state and federal requirements.
- Supports the communities and assists with payroll questions and procedures, as needed.
- Manages the calculation and issuance of manual checks and approves.
- Maintains confidentiality and integrity through all courses of action.
- Remains current on changes to Government and local payroll tax regulations, and ensures that all requisite systems are updated as required to facilitate the accurate deduction and reporting of payroll tax information to the appropriate agency.
- Leads special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate relevant experience required. CPP a plus.
- 5 – 7 years’ related progressive payroll processing experience, with 3 – 5 years’ supervisory experience.
- Experience with Ultimate Software (UltiPro) required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities and have excellent time management and organizational skills, be able to meet deadlines, and provide excellent customer service.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of federal and state (wage and hour) labor laws as related to the calculation of pay for hours worked, as well as payroll related regulations.
- Deep understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, including report writing skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, organized and professional, with strong attention to detail.
- Able to organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to investigate and identify system issues and problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience leading other Team Members.
- Ability to work independently and be part of a team environment while developing strong professional relationships with peers, managers, executives and cross-functional teams.
- Must possess the ability to cope with the stress associated with changing strategies, volume of transactions, and workload pressures.
- Strategic thinker for growing organization.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
- Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401(K); PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
- Online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs.
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC and its affiliated companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. We also participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA.