The board of Community First Foundation now seeks a new President/CEOto lead the foundation in its next chapter of development and impact.
The President/CEO is the leader of and works closely with CFF’s senior leadership team to execute the foundation’s strategic direction and accomplish defined goals and objectives. Principal responsibilities include broad leadership, overall organization management, strategic planning, and implementation of goals and objectives of this $400+ million community foundation.
What it Takes
To lead Community First, the incoming President/CEO needs to have experience in leading a significant and growing enterprise. We seek candidates who genuinely care about the marginalized in our communities and want to elevate their voices. We look for a leader who is strategic, inspiring, relational, and results-oriented, who knows how to take calculated risks while ensuring adherence to strong, proven processes and policies to guide effective and efficient operations.
Our core values include Integrity, Service, Innovation, and Stewardship; our leader must embody these and guide others to embed them in their work on a daily basis.
Specifically, qualified candidates will have experience in these areas:
- Leadership, Management & Communication Skills
- Minimum of eight years in upper level administrative management capacities in the nonprofit, public, or corporate sector with experience in directing effective growth and managing change
- Proven revenue generation and finance skills and experience
- Demonstrates sound business judgment and strong financial and investment acumen
- Excellent management, team-building, and collaborative skills
- Understands and values equity as an organizational operating principle and is committed to continued learning on issues related to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proven ability to manage public, government and community relations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Relationship Development Skills
- Inspires the trust of the board of directors, staff and the community
- Has experience in working with a volunteer governing board and supporting their development
- Demonstrates deep, effective relationship building and public relations skills
- Works well in a team environment and is committed to shared success
- Empowers team members to deliver agreed results and meet goals
- Works well with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Demonstrates effective counseling, diplomacy, and conflict resolution skills
- Graduate degree in nonprofit administration, business administration, or a closely-related field, or equivalent work experience preferred
- Willingness to live in and be an active participant in the Metro Denver community
The President/CEO is disciplined but flexible, takes personal responsibility for results, is creative, thrives in a challenging environment, and has strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Community First Foundation offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience coupled with an attractive, comprehensive benefits package. The board also provides an annual contribution of $25,000 to a donor advised fund directed by the President/CEO to support his/her philanthropic interests.
Community First Foundation supports the principles of equal opportunity and provides employment and services without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.