Do you want to work in a start-up environment with the resources of Amazon behind you? We’re building a new team the Boulder area, a rapidly emerging tech hot spot. Not only will you work with other smart, driven, innovative engineers, you’ll live in the beautiful foothills of the Rocky Mountains where there’s approximately 300 days of sunshine and a huge variety of activities to keep both your mind and body in great shape.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. We love to drive results with data. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
Amazon.com is one of the world’s most highly trafficked sites and the delivery of relevant advertising to shopping customers is a key company strategy, a rapidly growing source of revenue and a key platform for our industry partners.
We work in some of the most exciting computer science domains. We are managing massive scale streaming systems, applying machine learning and data science expertise using Hadoop, Elastic MapReduce, and Spark to drive optimizations and insights while building front-ends in ReactJS to help internal and external advertisers to deeply understand their customers and markets.
As Principal Product Manager, you'll define new ways to measure and present information and insight to advertisers. You'll be a performance measurement and attribution subject matter expert and a key contributor throughout the product lifecycle, from strategy to adoption and feature management. In that role you are required to hold a relentless focus on the customer and dive deep into the challenges they face. You will have great judgement and understand which opportunities drive the most strategic value for the business. This will be a highly visible role in an exciting and growing space. You will be required to work with business leaders across sales, marketing, engineering, and other cross-functional product organizations. We are a rapidly expanding business – the ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced environment.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related field
– 8+ years program or product management experience in software / technology
– Minimum 2+ years of data engineering / database management experience or 2+ years in a hands-on reporting/BI leadership role
– Proficient in SQL, Hive, Python or other analytical languages
– MS or PhD in a technical field or MBA
– 2+ years experience in digital advertising or web analytics
– Understanding of complex measurement technologies
– Proficient with web services, cloud storage, developer tools, and user interface design
– Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments
– History of developing technical business strategy with senior leadership
– Solid command of descriptive statistics
– Composed understanding of data visualization and reporting tools (Tableau, Microstrategy, Yellowfin, DOMO, etc.)
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.