At The North Face we dare to lead the world forward through Exploration.
The North Face is the premier exploration company in the world. Founded in the counterculture of Berkeley, CA in 1966 we have a long and storied legacy of enabling exploration, protecting our planet, and creating iconic and technically advanced product.
Our culture is born from the spirit of the Explorer and infuses everything we do. We love wild places. We spark curiosity. We dare to disrupt. We create communities. And we lead with integrity. We are a community of explorers and are constantly looking for new ideas, places and people to connect with.
We take great pride in our ability to facilitate exploration for our employees and partners. By joining The North Face family, you will be offered the opportunity, tools and environments to more deeply explore the world around you and make meaningful, lasting connections. You will also be working on a team with a mission to protect our planet for generations to come.
The North Face is part of VF Corporation who guides powerful brands that are fueled by insights and innovation that put us at the heart of our consumers’ lives. Many of our brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status.
While our VF company and brands are diverse, we work together within a One VF culture to capitalize on our greatest opportunities for long-term performance. Across our company, a collaborative, global mindset differentiates our products and the unique experiences we provide to our consumers. It all adds up to a lasting competitive advantage built on harnessing the power of our differences to achieve great things together, all while positively impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people and the world.
Our North Face and Jansport offices are currently located in Alameda, CA; Smartwool is located in Steamboat, CO; Eagle Creek is located in Carlsbad, CA and Altra Running is located in Logan, UT. All positions at these brands will ultimately be located in Denver, CO. By applying for an open position at any of these brands you will be acknowledging you are able to work as needed in the current office location and transition to Denver at the time in which the team makes the move in 2019.
Project Manager, Creative: Become the Newest Member of the VF Family
The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of a variety of projects with specified deliverables. The Project Manager performs a wide range of duties including the following:
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Brand/Marketing liaison – Attend weekly meetings and be the liaison between the Marketing and Creative teams to ensure initiatives are clearly communicated to consumers.
- Manage and support territory Art Directors with planning, implementation, communication to keep all projects on schedule especially during seasonal photo shoots.
- Creative projects – Manage graphic, sign, misc. packaging, and various other creative projects, ensuring projects are clearly communicated to design team and delivered on time and within budget. Review design briefs prior to hand off to the design team to ensure the requestor provides all necessary information. Contact outside vendors for services and quotes. Provide the Creative team with traffic support through project timelines.
- Vendor negotiation/contracts – Negotiate pricing with service providers to ensure all projects are within budget. Create contracts for services provided to The North Face.
- Photography – When required, support photo team in photo shoot planning and track progress of photo assets for use in various projects.
- Press checks – Attend press checks when required to ensure accuracy and quality of print product.
- Arrange and facilitate meetings to discuss project requirements and present project status updates.
- Some travel may be required.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5+ years’ experience in Marketing Creative Services, advertising and print production preferably in the Outdoor Industry.
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Graphic Arts, advertising or related field or equivalent combination of education and years of experience.
- Working knowledge of the following online project management tools: Basecamp, ProofHQ, Dropbox, Box and Workfront DAM.
- Working knowledge of the following software programs: Outlook, Microsoft Office, Powerpoint, Key Note
- Working knowledge of the following software programs a plus: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Proven track record of managing projects, budgets, and timelines. Well organized and deadline oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish an independent view and effectively collaborate in decision making with cross-functional partners.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with professionalism and flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to converse with customers on a variety of outdoor activities and be comfortable
- Knowledge of the outdoor market is preferred.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Travel by air and overnight, as required 5% of time.