We will be accepting applications until Friday November 8th, 2019.
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) is an American Sports and entertainment holding company based in Denver, Colorado. Kroenke Sports & Entertainment is committed to providing world class sports and entertainment for both live and broadcast audiences. We will welcome fans into our venues as family, providing respect and care from the purchase of a ticket, to the drive home. We will celebrate the best in sport and entertainment by recognizing the diversity and human spirit around us, and by working within our community to improve the lives of all those within the community. We will strive to perform this mission within a viable and self-sustaining business model.
The Colorado Mammoth is Colorado’s professional box lacrosse team the National Lacrosse League (NLL), the world’s only professional box lacrosse league, now entering its 34th season. The Colorado Mammoth is a franchise owned by Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) and have played at Pepsi Center in Denver, CO since 2003. The Mammoth are considered the standard for professionalism and organizational excellence within the league. We are looking for creative, dynamic, hard-working individuals with a passion for sports and entertainment.
About Our Job
• Builds and fosters day-to-day media relations and ensures effective communications that lead to an increased public awareness of the Colorado Mammoth
• Develops content for ColoradoMammoth.com
• Maintains and builds on excellent relationships with traditional and nontraditional media
• Develops and pitches storylines to increase the awareness of the organization and its players, coaches, community-related projects, and business initiatives
• Writing and editing of seasonal media guide, weekly game notes, press releases, and other team publications
• Coordinates media interviews, in-studio appearances, etc. with Mammoth players.
• Works with Partnership and Community Relations departments to coordinate sponsored and community-oriented appearances with Mammoth players.
• Responsible for media arrangements on game days including parking, credentialing and press box seating.
• Responsible for Mammoth gameday coverage including writing previews and recaps, facilitating pre and post-game interviews with internal/external media personnel and Mammoth players/staff sending out a post-game media advisory, holding post-game interviews with Mammoth players/coaches, distributing game photos post-game, etc.
• Assists in executing and expanding the organization’s social media efforts
• Serves as the team representative to the National Lacrosse League for PR-related committees and meetings and serves as the point of contact when PR and broadcast personnel from the league and from other teams reach out
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience in event coordination, especially fundraising or charity events
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, with experience in video editing and script writing
• Knowledge of the National Lacrosse League
• Proficiency in interpreting and updating game statistics
• Must be available to work a varied schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Background in WordPress and HTML preferred
• Ability to acquire or produce and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license
• Spanish language skills a plus
We appreciate your interest in the position with Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, but please do not apply if you do not have the following minimum qualifications for this position:
• Minimum of one year’s experience in media or communications, player-facing sports team experience preferred