As a recruiter/HR Generalist at Rocky Mountain Human Services, you will focus on recruiting and on boarding within a people-based culture. The ideal candidate is skilled at finding, identifying, and hiring great talent. The recruiter/HR Generalist will build relationships with managers to successfully execute recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt staff.
- Partners with hiring managers to understand strategy, business need, forecast, and drive process
- Develops new strategies and programs to attract active and passive candidates
- Provides a great candidate experience at each step of the selection process
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding the recruitment process.
- Delivers verbal and written offers and negotiates with candidates.
- Clearly articulates with applicants RMHS’s value proposition, benefits, salary, etc.
- Creates and utilizes monthly reporting to shape recruitment recommendations
- Designs and delivers the onboarding and orientation process
- Leverages available tools and resources to increase diversity of applicant pool
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Communicates appropriate expectations and delivers ATS system trainings to hiring managers regarding the recruitment process
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates, and ensure selected candidates complete reference/background checks
- Partner with managers and HR Director to make recommendations for final candidate selection
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Recommends innovative approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements related to recruitment, candidate experience, onboarding, and orientation.
- Manages current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Creates & updates job descriptions to meet organizational requirements and attract the right candidate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws regarding benefits and employment that affect Human Resources.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to close deals utilizing strong negotiation skills
- Critical Evaluation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR policy and procedure.
- Skill in exercising initiative, good judgment and sound decision-making.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Excellent computer skills and in-depth knowledge of Excel and HRIS systems.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected.
- 1-2 years of full-cycle recruitment experience or a combination of related education and experience
- Experience utilizing ATS systems
- Experience using Paycom ATS
- Recruiting experience within Social Services, healthcare, and/or nonprofit industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Attends staff, team and department meetings.
- Attends in-services, staffing and other meetings with supervisor’s approval. May be appointed to committees.
- Participates in agency and community planning and education.
- Develops and maintains records, plans and reports.
- Lift and/or carry 20 lbs.
- Sit, stand and walk for reasonable periods of time.
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Why work at Rocky Mountain Human Services?
You will have the opportunity to contribute to an organization serving children with developmental delays and disabilities, adults with cognitive and intellectual disabilities, and veterans in need of employment assistance or who are homeless.
RMHS provides great benefits such as:
- Employer paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off such as vacation, sick, personal, and holidays
- Life and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement (full-time employees only)
- Mileage reimbursement
- 403(B) with company match
- Employee assistance program