Paladina Health is seeking an experienced Regional Practice Manager to join our team! This person will provide leadership, direction, coordination, and administration of operations for a group of corporate clinics in our Western Region, including Colorado & Washington state. This person will be responsible for the oversight of employer clinics in their regional territory, including the ordering of supplies, scheduling, running the clinic compliance programs, management of non-provider medical personnel, and for assuring Paladina Health physicians have the resources and tools necessary to be successful. The Regional Practice Manager must be willing to travel extensively throughout the region and accept responsibility for meeting financial, regulatory and satisfaction goals for a number of geographically dispersed clinics. Additionally, this person will work with our corporate client’s benefits department to assure their plan design goals are being met.
Paladina Health builds and manages employer-sponsored direct primary care health clinics around the country. Launched from scratch in 2011 to create a disruptively better healthcare model, Paladina now has over 115 clinics across 19 states from coast-to-coast. The company's innovative delivery model is moving beyond the "early adopter" stage and gaining traction across a variety of different customer segments, driving high growth and organizational focus on scaling strategies and capabilities. Paladina is looking for talented, mission-oriented, entrepreneurial leaders to help drive Paladina's successful expansion.
Paladina Health was originally a wholly owned subsidiary of $10B healthcare services provider DaVita. In June of 2018 Paladina was sold to New Enterprise Associates (NEA) and then subsequently NEA, Oak HC/FT, Greenspring Associates and Alta Partners invested another $165MM to further grow the business. At the end of 2018 Paladina Health purchased Activate Healthcare. Because it operates as rapidly growing enterprise, teammates must be able to excel in unstructured, entrepreneurial environments and they must be willing to adapt to change quickly. Every day brings new challenges and obstacles that require innovative and unique solutions. Paladina Health teammates must be enthusiastic about achieving the end goal of helping "fix healthcare" and they must be willing to help the team succeed as a whole. Additional information can be found at www.paladinahealth.com.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caring for our patients:
- Plans, organizes, and manages field operations for several clinics, including staff hiring, training, scheduling, inventory control and facility upkeep.
- Participates in the education and enrollment activities associated with acquiring new patient members and helping them to engage with the program.
- Ensures patient safety goals and infection control standards are achieved throughout the clinics.
- Participates in the achievement of patient, client, and employee satisfaction goals. Responds to clinic operational complaints with thorough investigation of concerns.
- Ensures clinic schedule templates are maintained to promote efficiencies in practices and customer satisfaction.
Caring for our teammates:
- Oversees staffing of clinics, ensuring appropriate coverage and level of staffing needed to support physicians, clinic schedules, and corporate client.
- Orients new staff (including physicians) as assigned ensuring that appropriate information necessary for the successful performance of duties and responsibilities and enhancing employee retention efforts.
- Assumes responsibility for clinical staff adherence to personal appearance, dress and grooming standards, always portraying a professional appearance.
Financial and regulatory management
- Provides leadership in complying with governmental, accreditation, and other regulations/requirements and with clinic policies.
- Coordinates workflow in clinics and prioritizes and shifts duties as necessary to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Manages the vendors and external services used in clinics.
- Actively participates in projects and activities that promote achievement of quality, financial, and strategic goals.
- Communicates in a timely and consistent manner, ensuring a professional and respectful exchange of information and ideas. Responds to physician issues regarding clinic operations
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the essential functions of the job and operational needs of the department.
- Well-developed sense of how to hire for and to develop service excellence in teammates
- Appreciation of the importance of a common culture and ideas for promoting our core values
- Ability to be a respected leader who demonstrates devotion to team, self-awareness, and a “get-things-done” attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare related or business field
- 5+ years of business, clinical or military experience, with accountability for metrics, satisfaction, and operational efficiency.
- Previous clinical management experience in physician practice setting required.
- Must be able and willing to travel extensively throughout the assigned region.
- Demonstrates a high degree of client focus and attention to service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation, employee management, and project implementation skills
- Strong computer skills with MS Office and EMR tools required, preferably eCW (eClinical Works)