Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
In partnership with the Director or Employee Relations and Compliance, the Senior Manager, Employee and Labor Relations is responsible for establishing the Employee Relations (ER) function and setting the strategic plan that will set the tone for a healthy long-term relationship between the Company and employees in service to delivering innovative, scalable and efficient HR Services. The Senior Manager will oversee the team of ER Consultants and will provide direction on complex issue resolution to ensure decisions support company policies, Vail Resorts values, and federal, state and provincial laws and regulations. This role will monitor ER trends to proactively address and mitigate future issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, or related field, or equivalent professional work experience.
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience accurately interpreting and applying employment policies and procedures in a large, complex organization; experience with the administration of collective bargaining agreements and leading negotiations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and align a remote team of ER Consultants.
- Experience with driving a Union-free strategy and the ability to negotiate the bargaining agreement upon renewal.
- Strong issue spotting and analytical skills to enable intake of ER issues and cases, and calibrate/elevate as needed.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize key insights gleaned from ER data and analytics.
- Strong ability to build relationship across stakeholders to drive the ER strategy.
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities, partners and work streams.
- Strong facilitation and business partnership skills.
- Effective communicator.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Ability to conduct effective HR investigations.
- Experience driving a Union-free strategy and the ability to negotiate the bargaining agreement upon renewal.
- Position will require up to 25% travel to other locations
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.