We have a passion for our customers! As the leader in the retail jewelry industry for four generations, Shane Co. serves our customers with a unique standard of excellence. We pride ourselves on offering superior quality jewelry, personalized and specialized service, and unrivaled value.
We are looking to add a professional, experience, and talented individual to our Shane Co. Home Office team in the role of Social Media Specialist.
The Social Media Specialist will play an integral role in Shane Co.’s social media marketing programs. They will be responsible for curating and developing relevant content, ensuring consistency in voice and brand image, tracking metrics, monitoring relevant conversations, providing customer support and supporting influencer outreach. Beyond daily execution, the Social Media Specialist will also contribute to the development of social media strategies and campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be a creative self-starter with strong writing and editing skills, attention to detail, and a solid understanding of social media best practices.
- Curate engaging social media post ideas and write copy
- Develop monthly social media content calendars for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google+
- Work closely with merchandising, marketing and other departments to ensure key objectives are effectively communicated via social media
- Identify imagery needed for posts and provide inspiration for social media photographer
- Schedule social media posts
- Write posts for corporate blog as needed
- Identify influencers and potential brand advocates and assist with outreach
- Implement strategies to increase engagement and follower growth
- Monitor activity and engage with social media audiences
- Compile monthly analytic reports
- Assist with moderation and provide customer support across all of Shane Co.’s social media platforms as needed
- Assist in the creation of social media ad campaigns
- Monitor and implement current social media trends and best practices
- Additional social media responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- A degree in marketing, journalism or business
- 2-3 years social media experience
- A solid understanding of social media best practices
- Strong research, writing and editing skills
- Experience with social media monitoring and publishing tools
- Proficiency in WordPress
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop quality content under tight deadlines
- Experience with paid social media campaigns a plus
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to moderate social and review sites one weekend every month
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environments and priorities
Let us tell you why Shane Co. is an amazing place to work! We offer better hours than most retailers. We love to win as a team! Our inclusive Company culture and bonus program is built to reward everyone. We offer 2 weeks of paid vacation, 7 paid holidays, an annual personal day, health, dental, vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, Company-paid life insurance, 401(k) with a Company match, and, of course, a generous discount program. *CB* (mr)