KDVR/FOX31 Denver and KWGN/Colorado’s Own Channel 2 are looking for an experienced Sports MMJ/reporter to join our team.
We want a storyteller who looks beyond the box scores to find unique stories about local sports players and teams, someone who consistently pitches great story ideas and can shoot, write, edit and produce sports stories in a way that appeals to and is understood by all audiences – even those who don’t love sports.
You must be a storyteller who excels in being creative across ALL platforms, every day. You should be good at cultivating sources to win BIG stories.
You must have strong storytelling skills and an energetic/creative delivery live in the field and in studio. You should have experience anchoring in studio, and producing live sportscasts and sports shows.
Prior MMJ experience is required. College degree and at least three years of television news or sports reporting experience required; must be a team player who can multi-task under deadline pressure. As most sports events happen in the evening and on weekends, you should be prepared to work those days.
Experience covering NFL, MLB, NHL, and/or NBA teams is a plus.
- Pitch unique sports stories that will appeal to all audiences and drive ratings
- Be able to set up, shoot, write, edit, and produce your own stories across all platforms
- Develop and execute enterprise content on a consistent basis
- Produce content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and our website
- Cover breaking sports news with a sense of urgency
- Be a dynamic sports storyteller live in the field
- Have experience producing and anchoring a sportscast
- Fill-in sports anchor as needed
- Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College degree in Journalism/Communications/Broadcasting preferred; equivalent experience required
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a journalist (at least 2 of those years should be as an MMJ)
- Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems quickly
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends & ON CALL shifts
- Must be able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
- Must be willing to submit to a background check
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Equal Opportunity Employer