Student Systems Analyst
Position Number: E 924
Salary for Announcement: The hiring range is $48,683 – $58,610. The final salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Employee Category: Administrators
Department: Registrar's Office
This position is part of the Curriculum and Systems Team in the Office of the Registrar. It is one of two positions which are collectively responsible for managing and maintaining the Banner Student module and connected systems. This position uses an enhanced and cultivated sense of logic and critical thinking to interpret academic, state, and federal policies, as well as operational business processes and procedures as they pertain to the functionality of the Banner Student module and connected systems. This position researches, tests, documents functionality of the systems, and works collaboratively with Academic Affairs, Admissions, Information Technology Services, Financial Aid, Office of the Bursar, Office of Enrollment Management, University Effectiveness, and other constituents. This position serves as a reliable source for comprehensive and authoritative information about the Banner Student module, connected systems, and their functionality. This position acts as a resource and trainer to Academic Departments, Deans, Department Chairs, and other constituents.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. IND208
40% — Student Systems Analysis
• Maintains validation tables, process configuration, and administrative controls within the Banner Student module.
• Evaluates proposed initiatives for implementation or enhancements with Banner Student module functionality.
• As new releases are implemented or enhancements are made to Banner Student, Degree Works, and other connected systems: independently tests the coding structure by running queries and analyzing report results for all possible outcomes and documenting the testing process. Creates a variety of theories and steps for testing, in collaboration with a variety of areas/departments, to ensure systems are functioning accordingly prior to implementation.
• Investigates detected errors in the system, documenting real and potential problems, and working with Information Technology Services, Ellucian, other vendors, and other constituents as necessary for a resolution.
• Analyzes the integration of other complex systems with Banner Student data and functionality to ensure accuracy and efficiency, and documents system operations.
• Reviews best practices and operations of Banner peer institutions, collaborating with them to keep current on problems, resolutions and enhancements.
• Collaborates with Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, University Effectiveness and other constituents regarding student data related issues.
• Serves on a variety of internal and external committees, and serves as a reliable source for comprehensive and authoritative information about Banner system and connected systems.
• Works collaboratively with other areas of the Office of the Registrar to find new software support solutions, ensures best usage of current systems, and provides training.
• Assists in the development of business process documentation for internal use.
20% — Banner Student Administrative Processes
• Maintains ownership, schedule of operations, process documentation, and conducts processing of Banner Student administrative processes such as: setting up the term registration and wait-list systems, implementing priority registration, inactivating student accounts, updating student types, rolling grades, automated repeat processing, updating academic standing, and applying semester honors designations.
20% — Degree Works Scribe
• Maintains cross-training and familiarity with best practices related to Degree Works Scribe.
• Serves as back up with other team members to conduct scribing of new catalogs, troubleshooting and resolving issues with current degree progress reports.
10% — Banner Curriculum, Course Scheduling, and Rooming
• Maintains cross-training and familiarity with best practices related to Banner student curriculum coding, course catalog, course scheduling, and academic rooming processes and procedures.
• Serves as back up with other team members to maintain and update curriculum coding of courses and students, and perform course scheduling and rooming duties.
10% — Trainer
• Develops and maintains guidelines/training manuals to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
• Provides effective, continuous, and measurable training to faculty, staff, and administrators on the Banner Student module and connected systems to promote accurate understanding, interpretation and analyses of detailed and complex processes and outcomes.
Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Experience working for an institution of higher education, working with operational systems and processes.
• Experience using a Student Information System (SIS), such as Ellucian Banner, Oracle PeopleSoft, or Ellucian Colleague.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related disciplines from an accredited institution.
• Experience and familiarity with the following Registrar’s Office functions: curriculum management, course scheduling and rooming, graduation evaluation, transcript evaluation, general student record management, etc.
• Working knowledge of relational database theory, and data integrity best practices.
• Experience developing and implementing training and/or workshops for professional staff.
• Experience developing collaborative relationships on projects with internal and external constituents.
• Experience with other higher education software such as: Degree Works (Scribe and general functionality), Banner Workflow, Ad Astra, EMS, etc.
• Experience extracting and analyzing data using reporting tools such as SAP BusinessObjects Webi, IBM Cognos, and reviewing and analyzing data structures using Oracle SQL, MS Access ODBC, or similar.
• Experience working both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
Posting Date: 06/26/2019
Closing Instructions: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Complete applications received by July 10, 2019 will receive full consideration. Position is open until filled.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
To apply, visit https://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/12438
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.