Company: Vail Resorts
The Vice President, Digital Experience is responsible for driving Vail Resorts’ Digital Experience agenda & E-Commerce platform. Ideal candidate is VP candidate with 12+ years of experience and proven track record as high potential talent demonstrating drive, ambition, business acumen, and emotional intelligence.
This leader has a deep understanding of analytics and uses these key insights to shape the global Digital and eCommerce strategies. This leader should have the ability to set a vision and strategies and then mobilize the organization to achieve that vision. This role will be instrumental in creating a digital ecosystem that delivers the Vail Resorts brand experiences, drives engagement, and contributes to the financial targets for our mountain resorts.
The VP, Digital Experience has proven expertise in partnering with IT Development, Analytics, content teams, and 3rd party agencies to deliver best in class digital that elevates the guest experience and delivers on the company’s revenue goals & growth plans. This role will lead a diverse team of eCommerce professionals and collaborate across Vail Resorts to ensure that the experience is consistent across all digital touchpoints.
The VP, Digital Experience will be responsible for three main components:
- Drive the vision, strategy, and overall long-term digital roadmap to deliver on Vail Resorts’ strategic and financial goals
- Deliver omni-channel guest experience by partnering with Relationship Marketing, Media, Content, IT, and other delivery functions
- Launch new digital experiences from design through development and deployment
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Digital Strategy & Roadmap: Build and oversee a data-driven, long-term digital roadmap that will positively impact the guest experience and the company’s strategic and financial goals
- eCommerce Expertise: Manage the eCommerce platform performance. Identify new opportunities and enhancements to drive more traffic and orders through the platform
- Digital Optimization: Proven track record of delivering strong results through testing & optimization activities. Deep expertise in Digital A/B & Site Tracking Capabilities leveraging digital tools such as Adobe Target and Full Story
- User Experience: Integrate website analytics and customer research, business objectives, content, and technology capabilities to determine design and user experience for new digital functionality and enhancements
- Innovation: Be an advocate and digital thought leader for new technologies and innovation
- Digital Operations:
- Ensure all digital platforms perform at an optimal state. Identify improvements to the tools and process to increase throughput, conversion, and improve the quality of the product
- Prioritize team work based on return on investment, guest satisfaction, product performance, short/long term impact and overall strategic company goals
- Financial Analysis & Business Acumen: Own financial performance and ROI for all digital initiatives. Manage expense and capital budgets totaling more than $2 million
- Team Leadership & Development:
- Proven track record for building high performing digital teams
- Demonstrates a high-level of emotional intelligence, openness to change, and the willingness to merge ideas to bring forward the best digital solutions
- Demonstrates strong leadership within the team, driving high quality customer experiences and exploring what is possible with evolving digital tools and technologies
- Internal & External Partnerships:
- Play a key role in the company’s go-to-market process and maintain a close relationship with the business and brand teams, representing the digital guest experience and ecommerce efforts in the process.
- Work in partnership with the IT Development team to produce performance driven digital solutions
Approach & Behavior—Cultural Characteristics
- Strong learning agility. Enjoys and excels in environments where he/she must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges and issues—incorporating the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business.
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in his/her own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Drive: Develop and drive the thinking and “actionability” of strategic and innovative digital ideas
- Leadership: Able to lead cross-functional teams, realize new opportunities, and succeed against aggressive goals
- Influence: Define and present innovative ideas to the executive team and get buy-in to support your big ideas
- Results-Oriented: Able to drive to exceed goals, execute consistently, and deliver outstanding results
- Subject Matter Expert: Be a go to person for digital experiences, a resource to all in the company
- Data-Driven: Obtain and analyze guest and behavioral data and use it to inform your planning and confirm your decisions
- Passion: Demonstrate a passion for the guest experience, culture, mission, and vision. Inspire others to care about the digital experience and how it can be leveraged to improve the guest experience
- Bachelor’s degree. Degree in business preferred; MBA or other advanced business learning or coursework preferred
- Proven track record as high potential talent demonstrating drive, ambition, business acumen, and emotional intelligence
- 12+ years’ experience managing eCommerce, website development and/or digital customer experience innovation
- Ability to understand and translate complex business challenges and requirements into smart digital solutions
- Ability to analyze online trends, data, and leverage site statistics and performance to influence strategy and roadmap
- Proven ability to manage complex projects and partner with cross-functional teams and deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong communication (written, verbal and interpersonal) skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills. Pragmatic problem-solver. Solution oriented
- Strong executive presence
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.