The VP of Digital Merchandising will drive all merchandising strategies and programs for the company. The VP, Merchandising will be a merchandising, ecommerce, product and pricing expert with a proven track record of success in high-growth, fast-paced ecommerce business environments managing multi-category businesses and an extensive network of drop ship vendors. The VP, Merchandising will be responsible for developing merchandise plans and creating a compelling merchandise assortment that reflects and expands the customer base, and structuring and managing the development, selection and creative presentation of all items for the eBags brand to support continued growth.
- Team Building/Leadership: Develops and manages the Buying Team to be customer-focused, innovative, fast and team-oriented by providing day-to-day leadership and management to grow the business.
- Directly supervises, coaches and mentors team with career paths and development plans.
- Develop collaborative relationships across all areas of the organization both at eBags and Samsonite-owned brands to ensure achievement of financial and other key objectives and execution of all the merchandising strategies.
- Partner with Marketing and the creative team to drive product sales through promotions, launch new products and expand eBags’ private label business.
- Partnering with the directors of merchandising, develop, communicate and drive merchandising strategies for all categories and brands in order to exceed financial goals and customer expectations.
- Financial and accountabilities include: sales, margin and conversion.
- Maintain and cultivate long-term relationships with vendor partners and suppliers.
- Lead the overall eBags merchandising vision and strategy from idea to execution and ensure achievement of all merchandising and product development targets and company financial objectives.
- Manage all merchandising, vendor management, pricing and product assortment activities through oversight of the merchandising and product development teams.
- Oversee all product addition and maintenance activities done by the merchandising operations team.
- Plan and review department and brand sales, margin, and SKU assortments to maximize top line sales and profits and to minimize risks.
- Formulate and track key metrics and success criteria for all merchandising programs and activities. Ultimate responsibility for all merchandising related KPIs for the company, including measures of sales, turns, profitability margins and productivity of the assortment. Implement continuous improvement of the business through product assortment and margin expansion.
- Participate in sales forecasting and budget creation activities.