The VP Government Markets oversees and directs a region for Government Markets. Responsible for success of Government Markets territory and owns territory P&L. Finds solutions, creates value, and has engaged teams. Understands financials for territory by plan and direct report. Identifies and deploys strategies to improve revenue and reduce expense. Responsible for talent acquisition and staff development for approved roles. Drives segment and enterprise initiatives, positions Empower products and services. Thought leader who grows Empower reputation via industry membership, development, and speaking. Understands competitive marketplace, supports new plan acquisition, and develops intermediary relations.
This position may be based remotely. Territory to be covered is TBD.
- Create and sustain a compelling vision, strategic objectives, and priorities
- Drive business results to achieve scorecard and goals for the region
- Creates and deliver client strategy and ensure alignment throughout territory, segment and enterprise
- Lead RMs to drive strategic initiatives and scorecard outcomes
- Act as enterprise leader for team members and executive contact for clients
- Drive revenue, decrease expenses for consistent, profitable growth
- Manage to budget while balancing territory needs and organizational expectations
- Achieve optimal balance between delivering near-term results and preparing for future client needs
- Collaborate frequently with other members of the organization, seek cross-segment input
- Drive satisfaction with client, and challenges to drive outcomes and segment objectives
- Lead RMs and State Directors; enabling team for client success
- Interface with client at executive level to understand overall objectives and requirements, utilize feedback to enact positive change across territory and segment
- Build long term partnership with associates, clients, and intermediaries
- Increase AUM and Managed Accounts
Significant travel required.
- Four year Business degree or equivalent from accredited institution. Masters degree preferred.
- FINRA Series 6, 26 and 63 & other industry specific registrations/licenses required within GWRS established timelines
- 10+ years senior level leadership experience in Financial Services, Government retirement plan experience
- Strategic thinker that can create and drive strategy, and business results
- Strong collaboration skills; ability to influence direction and resource allocation
- Communicates and creates enthusiasm for initiatives, ability to grow and develop high performing individuals and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate remote teams, and hold accountable in an organization that is evolving its strategy
- Adaptable, motivator, “culture” enabler – someone who can help associates embrace change, and think differently
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on key objectives, successfully partner with the senior leadership team to transform internal capabilities as well as across the organization
- Customer centric orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentations skills, building partnerships internally and externally including plan sponsors, consultants and business leaders
- Leads team and develops them to solve problems for root cause using innovative and creative solutions.
About Great-West Financial
At Great-West Financial® and Empower Retirement, our more than 5,700 global associates are dedicated to helping customers secure their financial futures. We offer a range of retirement savings products, life insurance, annuities and investment services from offices across the country. If you’re interested in joining a company that enjoys a record of strong performance and is rich in history yet innovative, bold and transformative, then our organization is an outstanding place for you to grow and succeed. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. We’re also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.