The Community Foundation Boulder County is searching for a Vice President of Philanthropic Services to lead the foundation’s effort to increase giving to fund the work of the foundation and the nonprofits we support.
For 26 years, the Community Foundation has been a community catalyst, responding to immediate needs and anticipating future challenges. Through informed decision-making, we inspire ideas, ignite action and mobilize diverse resources to improve the quality of life for everyone in Boulder County.
We believe our community is stronger when all people – women and men, children, older adults, immigrants, people of color, GLBTQ individuals, those with varying abilities and from all faiths – are respected, welcomed, and invited to share their assets and contributions in community building. We accomplish more together than we do alone.
The Community Foundation currently has assets under management of more than $60 million. The foundation is governed by a Board of Trustees and has a staff of 14. The foundation has distributed nearly $70 million to nonprofit organizations since its inception.
About the Position:
The Vice President of Philanthropic Services is critical to our success. As a key member of the foundation’s leadership team, the Vice President of Philanthropic Services will work with trustees, staff, donors, and volunteers to promote giving in our community and to build support for the foundation’s initiatives.
This position is responsible for leading the development and implementation of a multi-faceted fundraising strategy that includes raising funds for special initiatives and operations, providing stewardship to donor-advised fund holders, and expanding the ways that community members can contribute to our work.
The Vice President for Philanthropic Services leads a team of five individuals and is responsible for directing and supporting the fundraising efforts of the CEO and Board of Trustees, as well as having their own portfolio of donors and prospects. The Foundation raises over $12 million per year in donor advised fund, annual, and planned gifts.
This position provides the opportunity for a seasoned fundraiser to play an important part in a growing and dynamic institution, including participating in the development of the foundation’s next strategic plan in 2018.
- At least 10 years of experience raising funds from a range of donor audiences and through various channels and techniques. Previous experience with community foundations, donor-advised fund holders, and financial advisors is desired.
- A proven track record of cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major and planned gifts from individuals.
- Experience in supporting senior staff, volunteer board members, and other volunteer ambassadors in developing their own fundraising work.
- A builder of relationships who can inspire supporters and prospects from a variety of different backgrounds.
- A strategic thinker who is able see the big picture and determine opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis.
- A quick learner who copes effectively with complexity and change.
- An organized planner who is able to focus on key priorities.
- A good communicator who can articulate and adapt the foundation’s message in ways that inspire individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- A team player who reaches out to staff, peers, trustees, and donors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- A skilled manager with the ability to lead a team and work closely with the CEO.
- A person with passion and enthusiasm for the work of the Community Foundation.
Conditions of Employment: This is a full-time, exempt position in our Boulder, Colorado office. The Community Foundation is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO) in any term, condition or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. The foundation offers a competitive benefits package, including retirement contribution and match and employer-paid health and dental insurance. All full-time employees qualify for paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal days and most national holidays.
Please send a cover letter and resume to CEO Jeff Hirota at firstname.lastname@example.org with Vice President of Philanthropic Services in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
More information about the Community Foundation Boulder County is available at www.commfound.org