Aduro Advisors, LLC provides premier fund administration services to venture capital and private equity firms. We merge industry best practices and personalized recommendations to provide excellent service to our clients.
The Accounting Manager works alongside a Controller to support a client base comprised of multiple small to medium-sized Venture Capital firms. Ideal candidates are self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills. As a member of the Aduro Advisors team, this individual must be able to grow positive, collaborative relationships with clients and colleagues while working independently.
- We aim for excellence: we hire the best, work with the best, and continuously strive towards top-notch work product.
- We’re hungry! we’re constantly pushing ourselves to learn, grow, and evolve. We embrace new challenges as we know we can rise to the occasion.
- We choose our own adventure: there isn’t one size that fits all for our team or our clients. We rely on process, but are flexible and dynamic to ensure needs are met.
- We believe in the power of collaboration: great ideas win and we all have a seat at the table. We believe a diverse team & diverse clients >> diversity in ideas >> the best outcomes.
- We take ownership: we pitch in where it’s needed – regardless of role – to get the job done.
- We have integrity: we do what we say we’re going to do, no funny business. Period.
- We ask for what we need: we’re great accountants, not mind readers. We expect our team to clearly communicate what they need and ask clients to do so as well.
- We trust our team: we give our team the space to thrive and trust them to ask for help when needed.
An Accounting Manager works directly with a Controller to support the accounting and operations functions of a portfolio of Aduro clients. A Accounting Manager must be able to:
- Reconcile banking transactions and prepare journal entries in accordance with US GAAP in Xero
- Drive month-end close process and raise follow-up questions to Controller or client (if appropriate)
- Assist in preparing quarterly financial statements
- Prepare draft investor correspondence in proprietary FundPanel system including capital contribution notices, distribution notices, quarterly reporting and capital account statements
- Maintain investor information, investment information, and other fund metrics in FundPanel system
- Maintain legal documents including formation documents, investment documents, and other relevant client information in Box
- Prepare and obtain documents for annual audit and tax process
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in audit, alternative asset industry, or fund administration
- External auditor experience / CPA certification / MBA a plus
- Proficient in accounting systems such as Xero or Quickbooks
- Comfortable with software systems including Gsuite, Microsoft Office, Box, Slack
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and comfortable working with remote teammates
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, service-focused, thoughtful, and excellent at both written and verbal communication
This is a full-time salaried position that will be working from our Denver office once COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted and we feel that we can provide a safe work environment for our team. Until that time, this will be a remote position.