Salary for Announcement
The salary range is $41,200-$51,500.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. MSU Denver offers a full benefits package.
Grade (2020): 14
Classroom to Career Initiatives
Full Time Professional Staff
Within the Classroom to Career (C2) Hub, the Industry Partnerships team is responsible for developing and strengthening the opportunity network for MSU Denver students.
As MSU Denver seeks to be the national leader in educating students for tomorrow’s careers, the University Industry partnerships team is forward-thinking and ensures programs are aligned to Colorado workforce development trends. With an ambitious goal of engaging 100% of students in robust career planning in the next three years, the University is committed to creating services that are scaled, highly evaluated, and focused on the specific needs and interests of MSU Denver students. To that end, successful team members think critically about MSU Denver student demographics and their respective career planning.
Are you looking to use your administrative and analytical experience to make a difference in higher education? Do you love being a go-to person in a collaborative team environment? Are you an enthusiastic self-starter who can take initiative? If you can multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment, this may be the opportunity for you. This Administrative Assistant position works closely with the Industry Partnerships team within the C2 Hub to ensure efficient day-to-day operation of the office and overall support of the staff. This person will be a key member of the Industry Partnerships leadership staff and will be instrumental in improving efficiencies and effectiveness of the administrative operations for the team. The person in this role will engage with a broad range of clients including students, faculty, staff and executives from over 1000 external organizations.
University – Industry Partnerships – 40%
• Ensure exceptional customer service and communication in managing calendars and scheduling between Industry Partnerships Team and external industry leaders.
• Support Industry Navigators in the coordination and planning of events and meetings with industry leaders.
• Assist in approving employers and maintain job postings in CareerLink.
• Respond to employer and student questions regarding campus recruiting activities.
• Support Events Manager in planning and executing large industry events and career fairs.
• Support website development and improvements to enhance employer communication
Department Administrative Efficiency and Effectiveness – 35%
• Identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and streamline work processes across the Industry Partnerships team
• Provide administrative support to department staff which includes ordering supplies, coordinating office purchases, travel forms and program planning; Interpret existing policies and develop procedures for office purchasing processes, including the development of forms and protocols as necessary.
• Manage Industry Partnerships team share point site to improve organization of documentation and overall effectiveness
• Manage the accounting budgetary operations and facility needs of the department.
• Maintain monthly spending and revenue generation data, prepare quarterly budget reports. Responsible for procurement card reconciliation for all professional staff.
• Maintain signatory authority for the office. Provide Director with advice, technical assistance, cost analysis and budget preparation.
• Provides administration support for department search committees and smooth onboarding of new employees; including coordinate systems, technology, telephone, software and equipment needs
Student Career Readiness – 20%
• Partner with industry navigators to coordinate student career readiness activities including classroom visits, mentoring and panel discussions.
• Assist with maintenance of CareerLink database and internship process coordination
• Assist with coordination of campus recruiting activities.
• Assist with data tracking, analysis and reporting for campus recruiting and employer relations function.
Other duties assigned – 5%
• Experience as an Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant or other relevant administrative positions
• Experience in managing executive calendars
• Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills including Outlook, Power Point, Excel, Word, Share Point and Access as well as advanced internet research skills
• Experience professional communication
• Business skills include negotiation, basic accounting, creation of financial reports and processing accounting transactions.
• Proven experience applying critical thinking to tasks and anticipating changing prioritizes
• Demonstrate excellent social skills, both verbal and written, and excel in a role where you will interact with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as external industry leaders and vendors.
• Up-to-date with advancements in office equipment and applications
• Be an independent, proactive partner who takes the initiative and execute projects with minimal supervision.
• Ability to handle confidential information and apply discretion to sensitive situations
• Experience working with a diverse team and clients
• Completion of postsecondary degree such as Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree
• Exemplary planning and time management skills
• Experience with multitasking and prioritizing daily workload
Open Until Filled
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT)
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the following link:
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique, access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in downtown Denver.
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and professional success.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).