The Administrative Associate is the first point of contact for people interested in Lighthouse and the community it fosters. As such, it requires an outgoing, energetic, and warm personality, superior listening skills, and patience. The ideal candidate will have customer service experience and be passionate about literature and creative writing. This person will also be very organized, possess the ability to manage multiple projects with a high level of attention to detail, and be able to work well in a collaborative team atmosphere.
This position is full time, reports to the Operations Manager, and consults regularly with the Executive Director, program coordinators, directors, and other staff. This position works full-time to ensure that Lighthouse Writers Workshop successfully conducts its full range of dynamic programming in order to fulfill its mission.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Lighthouse Writers Workshop is a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace, where all participants, employees, and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feel valued and respected. We value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are heard. To that end, we uphold a commitment to a diverse community by nurturing an inclusive, supportive, and welcoming work environment.
Areas of Responsibility
Customer Service (35%)
- Welcome walk-in visitors to Lighthouse, answering any questions about the organization and our offerings.
- Ensure that community spaces are accessible, clean, welcoming, and ready for use.
- Handle phone queries on a host of topics from community members of diverse backgrounds.
- Assist customers in choosing programs, registering for offerings, and processing payments.
- Assist customers with tuition assistance, payment plans, credits, refunds, and other financial matters, tracking information through necessary bookkeeping platforms.
- Handle general email inquiries; routing them to the appropriate staff and faculty members as needed.
- Ensure workshops are running smoothly by updating the website with course and customer information as needed.
- Assist Programs staff with workshop and special event preparation, including photocopying and printing materials, classroom set-up, name tags, food ordering and set-up, clean-up, occasional public speaking or hosting, and general needs of the students and instructors.
- Serve as customer service backup for other Administrative Associate.
Technology/Digital Space (15%)
- Help community members new to digital classrooms navigate the associated technology.
- Provide basic technical assistance to our community, including faculty and students, troubleshooting issues that arise in a digital space.
- Support Zoom programming scheduling for various programs and other staff.
- Build and maintain Zoom links and Wet Ink classrooms for digital programming and ensure that information is communicated to related parties.
- Maintain accurate customer registration and transaction information on multiple systems.
- Manage and provide support in uploading new classes (for all programs) to the website and updating course information.
- Support special programs (tuition-based programs and festivals) with administrative needs.
- Work with Assistant Program Director to track attendance records and compile reports.
- Handle basic administrative tasks (filing, scheduling, organizing, data entry, occasional errands, printing and copying materials, etc.) for the Program and Operations teams.
- Take meeting minutes at weekly staff meetings and other meetings, as needed.
- Maintain inventory of general office supplies and oversee purchasing additional supplies for classes, events, and organization-at-large.
Faculty Management (15%)
- Manage new faculty onboarding process, inputting necessary information in Shortlist (our faculty management system,) ensuring contracts and W-9s are collected, etc.
- Build and then deliver orientation to new instructors.
- Maintain faculty relationships, becoming first point of contact for all faculty, answering questions around classes they might be teaching, invoicing, and payments.
Other duties as assigned.
- Candidate should possess at least a bachelor’s degree and one or more years of experience working in an administrative and/or customer service function.
- Candidate should also possess some experience with registration processing, customer service, and database information management. They must also possess the maturity, patience, and confidence to handle a wide variety of customer queries and concerns.
- Candidate must be an impeccable writer, a great listener, and a clear and friendly communicator.
- Candidate should also be adept at editing and proofreading written materials, processing financial transactions, and have some knowledge of basic website maintenance.
- They should also be a passionate reader and writer, as well as a tireless advocate for the power of literature in our culture.
- Technology experience preferred: Website maintenance (Drupal,) QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Office, Zoom, Google Suite, some graphic design software (particularly Canva, InDesign, Acrobat, and Photoshop)
- The ideal candidate is a flexible, enthusiastic, goal-driven, and organized self-starter who enjoys creating positive and inspiring relationships with all members of the Lighthouse community.
- The ideal candidate also thrives under casual supervision and will be prepared to occasionally work weekends and nights. Must be able to work outdoors and possess a valid driver’s license.
This position pays $19.00 per hour to start. This position is full time, 40 hours per week. This position currently requires that you are in person sixteen (16) hours per week.
Benefits include 15 days of paid time off (PTO) which can be used as sick, vacation, or personal time. This position also includes medical insurance for the individual and dependents, a SEP-IRA retirement account, and a flexible medical spending account. Finally, it also includes one free eight-week workshop, and one free one-day workshop per season.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter online on our Administrative Associate submission page.
Lighthouse has instituted a Covid-19 health and safety policy that adheres to City and County of Denver and state of Colorado guidance. That policy can be found here.