Western Colorado University, a mid-size public university deep in the heart of the Rockies, is seeking a customer service oriented and dynamic full-time Admissions Counselor/Marketing Associate. The Admissions Counselor/Marketing Associate is a professional position that combines target marketing, admissions counseling, and enrollment operations management.
- Counseling students on the admissions process from inquiry to applicant to enrollment. This requires a knowledge base of entire campus community in order to market and sell the university to prospective students.
- Analyze applicant data for trends and insight to help improve overall productivity and effectiveness of users within the Customer Relationship Management system.
- Tracking targeted daily and monthly marketing and enrollment goals.
- Maintain integrity of data for entirety of the CRM as well as manage data flow and accuracy between applicant and student systems
- Processing and execution of all admissions counseling functions from inquiry to enrollment stages through the database; including updating and compiling information, processing applications, storing calculated data, notetaking on essays and supplemental information and lastly creating and releasing admissions decisions to prospective students.
- Work on-site and off-site recruitment events and appointments to market and sell the university to prospective students to increase enrollment; events include high school visits, fairs, community events, pre-view day sessions, scheduled office visits…etc.These events can be during working hours, nights, weekends or holidays.
- This position requires understanding of CDHE Admissions policy in order to counsel and make admissions decisions that fall within the required state guidelines.
- Competency of In-state and Out-of-State regulations and laws for Colorado residency is essential in order to make accurate residency decisions for incoming students as well as counsel students through tuition costs and available scholarships.
- Conduct Information Sessions and public presentations to market and sell the university.
- Screening calls and routing(walk-ins) of on-campus prospective student volume to appropriate resources.
- Oversee the admissions student staff. Includes training, managing daily tasks as well as manageing performance of students both recognition and performance issues.
- Proficiency in all other programs that interface with the databases including Excel, Adobe, Word, Outlook and mail merges.
Compensation: $15.38/hour (the equivalent of $32,000 per year). Position is FLSA non-exempt and overtime-eligible. Excellent shared contribution insurance and retirement plans, paid time off, and access to other University benefits.
To Apply: visit www.western.edu/jobs and use our online application. Required attachments to online applications include: cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.