Western Colorado University seeks a full time candidate for the position of Assistant Director of Marketing Communications.
The Assistant Director of Marketing Communications provides direct support for the Director of Admissions & Marketing as the project manager. This role works in tandem with the Assistant Director of Digital Marketing and Communications as a senior content strategist for the Marketing Communications team. This position collaborates with the entire Marketing and Enrollment Division (recruitment, admissions, student financial services) and other campus clients to design and execute communications campaigns for both enrollment and instutuional purposes through a targeted, customer-centric viewpoint across mutiple platforms/channels.
- Strategic Planning: Contribute to the strategic planning and lead the implementation of enrollment and brand awareness communication campaigns that support departmental and university goals to build the brand and increase enrollment.
- Content Development: Lead the development and execution of editorial and strategic direction for content creation, curation and repurposing. Develop content plans, management of editorial calendars and coordination of content needs to drive awareness, inquiries, engagement, and applications.
- Project/Team Management: Ensures projects are executed on time and within budget through effective scheduling, staff coordination and client relationships. Supervises the content creation team and, in collaboration with the Director, coordinates the Marcom team for project management.
- Strong focus on print marketing collateral
- Primary writer/editor for traditional marketing efforts and website content.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or other relevant degree
- Proficiency with web CMS, Preferably WordPress
- Proficiency in AP style
- Proven organizational leadership and project management skills
- Marketing professional with at least three years’ experience copy writing, editing and proof reading
- At least three years’ experience managing internal and/or external client relations
- At least two years of supervisory/team management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication and customer service skills
- Experience working in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment
- Keen eye for layout design and copy
Preferred qualifications include:
- Master's degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or other relevant degrees.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Five plus years of professional experience in brand and marketing communication strategies and tactics including current technologies and evaluation of creative products through qualitative and quantitative research
- Two or more years’ experience in higher education industry
Additional Application Information:
Compensation: $47,500 per year full time, excellent shared contribution insurance and retirement plans, paid time off and access to other University benefits.
Targeted start date: June 1, 2021
To Apply: visit www.western.edu/jobs and use our online application. Required attachments to your online application include a brief cover letter describing your interest in the position, your resume, transcripts and a list of three employment references.
Please direct questions to Isabel Waldman, Executive Assistant; via email@example.com or phone at 970-943-2304.
Western is a residential, public university with an enrollment of 3,400 students who come from across Colorado and all fifty states. Faculty members share a strong commitment to personalized education with the liberal arts as its core. They are student-oriented, collegial, energetic, and engaged in the campus and community. The curriculum provides flexibility where experiential learning and interdisciplinary approaches are valued. Western supports diversity, equity, and inclusivity of all types including ability (physical, mental), social class, racial/ethnic, linguistic, religion, sexual orientation, age, experience, gender, and cultural. Please see our diversity statement, and our DEII Committee charge. The University is located in Gunnison, Colorado, a rural community 200 miles southwest of Denver. At an elevation of 7,700 feet in the southern Rocky Mountains, the Gunnison Valley provides exceptional year-round outdoor recreational opportunities. Professionals have chosen Western because of the quality of life combined with rewarding careers. Visit https://www.western.edu to learn more about the university.
Western Colorado University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive campus.