Manages alumni fundraising programs for a minimum of 10 reunion and 55 non-Reunion classes; assists the Director for Annual Giving with creating strategies for increased donor participation, and serves in the Director’s absence.
• Manage the Class Giving program with responsibility for setting and attaining the yearly dollar and participation goals for individual classes, with special emphasis on Reunion classes.
• Provide leadership, direction and oversight for the reunion giving program to include developing strategic solicitation programs for a minimum of 15 classes, setting overall reunion program goals, and evaluating program success by maintaining accurate reporting in all areas.
• Provide ongoing support for all reunion gift committees – each comprised of at least 2-10 volunteers – including management of the prospect assignment process, the production and distribution of prospect and result reports, monitoring volunteer solicitation progress, staffing regular committee meetings, hosting regular conference calls and authoring updates/newsletters dedicated to reunion class giving.
• Cultivate strong relationships with alumni volunteers with a focus on the strategic priorities of leadership giving, participation in annual giving, and engagement with the college.
• Partner with the Offices of Advancement Communications, Annual Giving and Communications to coordinate class mailings, phone, and electronic appeals.
• Collaborate and coordinate with Offices of Major Gifts and Gift Planning to ensure strategic cultivation and solicitation of prospects working towards campaign goals.
• Identify and develop solicitation strategies for leadership annual giving or major gift potential donors. Travel on behalf of the college – approximately 75 visits a year — including making personal calls, soliciting and closing gifts to the college.
• Within the class giving team, collaboratively develop and execute a comprehensive training program for Reunion volunteers to be used as the model for the overall Class Agent Program.
• Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and provide problem-solving assistance for staff, provide leadership, advocacy and professional development.
• Provide assistance to the director of annual giving in support of the overall program.
o Support and actively contribute to the goal of achieving greater diversity, inclusion and equity at Colorado College and work effectively with all members of the campus community.
o Promote a culture of safety and environmental protection by working in a safe manner; immediately reporting unsafe situations and accidents; following college procedures; and participating in appropriate safety training.
o Demonstrate environmental sustainability by using college resources wisely and supporting the college’s sustainability initiatives and innovation.
o Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of three years of experience in annual giving or managing class agent programs; prior supervision experience; familiarity with higher education fundraising; ability to independently initiate, organize, and follow through with program plans; strong organizational skills; meticulous attention to detail with ability to set priorities and to manage multiple projects of varying complexity and urgency simultaneously; excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to work with volunteers and staff in team environment where creativity, fun, excitement, and a high level of motivation and accomplishment are valued; knowledge of database management systems; flexibility to allow for travel and occasional evening and weekend work; discretion and mature judgement with confidential information. Ability to implement high standards of customer service for internal and external constituents. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by Colorado College’s motor vehicle insurance carrier.
Master’s degree; alumna/alumnus of Colorado College.
Posting Date: 08/16/2018
Application Deadline (at 11:59 PM Mountain Time): 12/04/2018
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
You must meet the minimum qualifications to be considered for this position.