The International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) is the premier international membership association for physicians, researchers, and medical professionals, who are dedicated to conquering lung and thoracic cancers worldwide. We are seeking an Associate Director, Education to join our efforts in getting the word out about amazing advancements in the treatment of lung cancer.
Day to day, the Associate Director, Education partners with all levels of the business to oversee the development and delivery of IASLC Education and Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs through virtual, in-person, and hybrid learning formats. This position will establish policies and procedures for the delivery of scientific content and will ensure that educational programs support the strategic direction of the organization. The ideal candidate will have strong working knowledge of adult learning principles, medical continuing education requirements, and the ability to establish positive working relationships and effective communication with a variety of stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include the planning, development and implementation of various educational opportunities while working closely with the IASLC team to implement continuous process improvements and innovative approaches to the delivery of professional educational programs. The Associate Director, Education must be a collaborative leader and organized multitasker who can effectively prioritize workload and work under time pressure while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
In this role, you will:
- Have responsibility for the creation, oversight, direct management, and implementation for various scientific education programs, projects, and volunteer opportunities that will attract and benefit IASLC members worldwide.
- Develop, manage, and execute a comprehensive strategy for delivering a full scope of scientific education to IASLC members and the thoracic oncology community.
- Develop, manage, and execute a sustainable and comprehensive strategy for delivering scientific and Continuing Medical Education (CME) in accordance with ACCME requirements.
- Create and execute a strategy for medical education grant applications and reconciliation to provide financial support for IASLC educational activities.
- Provide effective supervision, coaching, and career development for employees in the Education department.
- Ensure the effective ongoing evaluation of educational programs, systems and outcomes and utilize results and data to guide the implementation of new programs and formats aligned with learners’ needs.
- Actively collaborate with other departments, internal scientific resources, and member committees to develop robust scientific educational programming for virtual and in-person conferences, live learning, and virtual educational offerings.
- Create a support a comprehensive plan for member career development initiatives and activities.
- Identify, evaluate and oversee relationships with education partners and/or program providers, vendors, and consultants in collaboration with the Educational Programs Manager
- Responsible for the strategic development, planning, and management, including establishment and fulfillment of key performance indicators, workplans, and budgets, for new programs and/or ad hoc special projects as assigned.
- Effectively supervise, develop, and mentor Education staff
- Actively support and demonstrate IASLC core values.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as needed
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A deep commitment to the mission of the IASLC and compassion for those living with a lung cancer diagnosis
- Master’s degree, PhD or advanced degree in adult learning, medical education, professional development, educational technology, or a related field
- Minimum of 7 years of related professional work experience in educational or scientific program management
- Medical education or meetings/program experience a plus
- Association or nonprofit experience helpful, not required
- Working knowledge of current ACCME requirements for providers of continuing medical education (CME).
- 3 years of direct supervisory experience, including hiring, training, managing, and evaluating the performance of direct reports
- 3 years of experience using and/or implementing Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, strategic planning, and management skills.
- Ability to manage productive relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Strong multicultural awareness and sensitivity and ability to build cross-cultural consensus
- Project management and program development expertise
- Ability to prioritize competing deadlines and schedule work to ensure timely completion
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required (10-15%)
- Multilingual fluency/literacy would be a plus
What makes the IASLC the place for you?
- A meaningful mission. Your work will support global efforts to find effective treatments for lung cancer, one of the most prevalent and deadly forms of cancer worldwide.
- Opportunity to work with leading physicians and researchers. You will meet and promote the activities of the world’s brightest minds in the field of thoracic oncology and exciting new scientific advancements.
- A positive work culture. Our people make the IASLC a special place to work. We are committed to living out our company values at all levels on a daily basis.
- Belong to a collaborative team. Our small team creates a lot of magic through our collaborative approach to work. Your work will provide many opportunities to work cross-functionally across the organization.
- Great employee benefits. Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive package of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance benefits. We also offer a generous 401(k) match, paid vacation and sick time, paid holidays, and other perks. In addition, some positions will have opportunities to travel domestically and internationally.
- Compensation. $90,000-100,000 annually, depending on related experience and education.
- Hybrid work schedule. Employees are based in our Denver office and are allowed to work remotely 2-3 days per week.
We believe the best solutions come from diverse teams. We strive to have an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be successful regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other lawfully protected status.
TO APPLY: Applications must be submitted through IASLC Careers page at iaslc.org. Cover letter and resume are required for consideration.